how can i upgrade my htc wild fire to android 2.2

• Replies:15
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

May 4, 2011 12:40:30 PM via Website

hie...
can any one tell me process...to upgrade my htc wild fire to android 2.2 ...and i'm from india...my phone is running on 2.1 now..!!

May 4, 2011 1:51:20 PM via Website

HTC released an official 2.2 update to the Wildfire in India which means you can download it directly from your phone.

Simply go to "menu," tap "settings", scroll down to "about phone - system software updates," and in the system software updates screen, tap "check now."

Depending on the type of update, the update may erase all your personal data and customized settings, and also remove any applications you have installed. Make sure that you have backed up the information and files you want to keep.

You can also find more information about installing 2.3 Gingerbread on the HTC Wildfire here.

Good luck!

Jan 27, 2012 8:57:23 AM via Website

Hi.... Bro...
i have a HTC wildfire mobile but i am not able to update softwer 2.2.1,
i have to try check update but update not available found ur mobile....
so pls how can i upgrade my HTC Wildfire mobile android 2.2.1 to latest version..

Thanks & Regargs
PIYUSH PRAJAPATI
Gujarat

Jan 30, 2012 1:01:44 PM via Website

Apparently, its not available in your country :( You can either check HTC to see if theres a manual update on their website, or you could head over to XDA, root your device, and install the ROM you want. Have you had a look at HTCs website?

Jun 20, 2012 6:06:06 PM via Website

Hi
I also use my HTC wildfire since 10 months ago, I have tried several times to upgrade my HTC wildfire to Android 2.2 version,
But the phone shows like "your phone is upto date"

I live in India, any one can help me to upgrade my htc wildfire.......

thanks & regards
Prem
+91 9176212595
prem@capsred.com

Jul 18, 2013 1:15:26 PM via Website

how can i update my htc wildfire a3333 when i have already one time updated but due to reinstalling software it came back to andriod 2.1 now i want to re update to andriod 2.2.1 ,,
please help.

Jul 19, 2013 2:02:28 PM via Website

It looks as though HTC never released a 4.2 update in India, according to their website. It may be that they won't, or it's on it's way, or any other number of possibilities. The only answer for instant satisfaction is to root your device and get CyanogenMod on it to run a custom 4.2 ROM on it. This is, of course, potentially risky and voids your warranty, but if anyone just has to have 4.2 on their Wildfire this may be the only way right now!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting