Language Assistant for Android Multilanguage development

• Replies:7
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

May 25, 2011 5:24:00 PM

Hello,

I would like to contribute to the Android Developers community with this application that I just finished.

This is an application that makes easier the maintenance of several language files for an Android project.

For a long time, I used to manage the different language files in Android manually. This is an incredible boring task when our program is growing and getting more complex, since the only way to compare tokens is doing it one by one, and is an error-prone task.

This program is an extension to a similar program developed by my colleague Eugenio Marchiori at the e-UCM group. The program compares all the tokens between two different languages, assigning different codes depending if the token is missing in one language, or it is has been created. The task of creating new language files is also very easy, since they can be created using a full version as reference.

The program can be downloaded from the download section. In the first screen, the parent folder of an Android project has to be selected. After that, you just can edit your language files!

You can download from http://code.google.com/p/language-assistant-android/, with a LGPL license

Regards,

Enrique

— modified on May 25, 2011 8:02:32 PM

Jul 16, 2011 9:50:08 PM

I want to create and app which defines a Chinese word with an English definition (and more) but need a way to begin this. I understand the basics of programming any ideas on where to begin ?

Jul 17, 2011 7:15:42 PM

i am having android 2.1 version phone but my phone dos not work my indian language my language is tamil whn i brose tamil website my language do not show the display wat i do sir help me

Jul 17, 2011 7:15:47 PM

i am having android 2.1 version phone but my phone dos not work my indian language my language is tamil whn i brose tamil website my language do not show the display wat i do sir help me

Jul 18, 2011 12:04:29 AM

My questions are basic and simple:
[1] Which platform or version of Android should on consider?
[2] I want to assure myself of 'multilingual' abilities in software, that I might purchase and or develop myself in the future and certainly now?
[3] Can you provide such a list of all 'multilingual' software, particularly those with Chinese currently available?
[4] Should I seek-out the cheapest tablet with Honeycomb or a very large smart phone with Android 3.0?
[5] I held a very nice appearing tablet, whose operating system the Chinese salesperson did not know, onto it he downloaded a Google translator app?
[6] Is there one Chinese to English and/or English to Chinese translation package, that is better than the Google 'on line' translator?
[7] Does it make sense to have some processes 'on line' with other parts of the process 'on board' with firm ware of some sort?
[8] Should I learn to program in C++ or Linux or one of the Android languages o/s, I have programmed in basic, pascal and html, understanding the basics.

Dec 26, 2011 7:17:29 PM

Hello,

After a few months since the last version published, I would like to show to the world the expanded version: now the translator is able to simplify the process of translation using Google Translate. I'm offering two versions: one free (you need first to register your own API) or a paid one (you will be using my own API). Since the API is not free, and this will save you a lot of time, I guess the price is fair (just 5$).

For further information, you can check my blog post: http://goo.gl/58ejJ