Samsung Galaxy S2 — Syncing Music, Contacts Between Galaxy S2 and Mac

• Replies:9
Android Addict
  • Forum posts: 111

May 30, 2011, 6:38:33 PM via Website

Hi guys,

I just recently bought the Galaxy S2 and couldn't be happier. The only problem is that I would like to synchronize my macbook's contacts and music with the phone, and I'm not sure how to go about doing this. I heard Kies Air can work if I have WiFi. Has anyone tried this? I suppose it would work for any phone, no?

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

May 31, 2011, 7:58:46 AM via Website

I use SyncMate for Android for it. It works more or less fine. But this software has some tricky things as well. For instance, I have now all my contacts doubled. Don't ask me why...

Besides the above stated software, you would need a software which runs on your Mac. This one is pretty expensive and it costs about $40.

— modified on May 31, 2011, 8:00:19 AM

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

May 31, 2011, 12:23:55 PM via Website

iCal/contacts can directly sync with Google. You just need a Google account (which you'll have to have with your SGS phone anyway), then under prefs in those apps you can sync to Google, and work with the Google account on your computer.

Music/media is a little different. You can simply connect your phone, mount it as a USB drive and copy - for example- mp3 files over to it and they'll automatically be picked up by the media scanner (and available in your music player app).

selman guven
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 10:57:34 AM via Website

hi everyone. i recently lost my Samsung Galaxy S (dropped it into sea while fishing!) I have a backup file and a back up phone that i can use until the expiry of m,y plan. but my backup phone is iPhone 4s! How can i get my contacts from my Kies backup file in my computer?

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 17, 2012, 4:07:54 PM via Website

selman guven
hi everyone. i recently lost my Samsung Galaxy S (dropped it into sea while fishing!) I have a backup file and a back up phone that i can use until the expiry of m,y plan. but my backup phone is iPhone 4s! How can i get my contacts from my Kies backup file in my computer?

Unfortunately, theres no way to sync contacts from an Android device to an iPhone that I know of. You most likely have to manually do it. If your contacts are all on your sim card, you could move them over that way.

rashedmohmed
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 8:47:05 AM via Website

Android Addict
Hi guys,

I just recently bought the Galaxy S2 and couldn't be happier. The only problem is that I would like to synchronize my macbook's contacts and music with the phone, and I'm not sure how to go about doing this. I heard Kies Air can work if I have WiFi. Has anyone tried this? I suppose it would work for any phone, no?

xiamia
  • Forum posts: 98

Apr 18, 2017, 8:23:51 AM via Website

I used Samsung data manager program to help me import contacts and music files from Mac to my Samsung Galaxy S6, it's easy. Maybe it works well on your Samsung Galaxy S2, just try it.

nickrobin7278
  • Forum posts: 12

Mar 4, 2019, 8:05:16 AM via Website

Thank you very much

nickrobin7278
  • Forum posts: 12

Mar 4, 2019, 8:05:44 AM via Website

nice post