Scroll running 2.1 keep getting app cannot be found on pit directing to market place

• Replies:7
glmabrown
  • Forum posts: 5

Jun 1, 2011, 10:21:22 PM via Website

Keep getting this problem. For instance yesterday got this issue when on app when trying to download open office it kept directing me to andriod market place as it said was not available on andriod pit yet. When it took me to marketplace would either not find it there. Today connected and found it on andriod pit and downloaded ok now working. 5 mins later try to download another app and same as yesterday happening....help

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Jun 1, 2011, 10:32:56 PM via Website

Were you trying to download the Open Office Document Reader? If so then it's really strange because it"s in the AndroidPIT App Center. What was the second app that you tried to download? I hope we can get to the bottom of this.

glmabrown

Jun 1, 2011, 10:38:36 PM via Website

actually was quick office which i found via the search function. I am ultimately trying to send word documents created in quick office via email. However i cannot find the doc files when trying to attach to email using es file explorer as it cannot see the doc douments. So 2 problems sorry. I have just donloaded x manager but this has same issue cannot see the documents i created.

Yan Matusevich

Jun 1, 2011, 10:45:53 PM via Website

Ok, well that sounds like that may be a problem with the app itself. Could you please be more specific about the app? Quickoffice for Android, for example, is not in our App Center and has been deleted from the Google Market.

QuickOffice Free has some horrible reviews from users saying that it contains a virus and malware. So I would recommend uninstalling it right away.

glmabrown

Jun 1, 2011, 10:54:25 PM via Website

i have now somehow installed quickoffice pro this evening, i think from andriod PIT hope this version is ok. When i open andriod pit app sometimes getting "cannot connect to server divide by zero" could this be problem.

glmabrown

Jun 1, 2011, 10:54:55 PM via Website

by the way thanks for your speedy help

glmabrown

Jun 1, 2011, 11:00:45 PM via Website

any ideas how to attach a word document in email

Yan Matusevich

Jun 2, 2011, 1:21:15 PM via Website

This is how I do it:

I have my email set up through the default Mail app on my Android - it comes with every Android phone.

- I press Menu and select Compose

- Press Menu again and select Add attachment

- Select Document

- Press Office Document

You are then automatically presented with a complete list of Word documents on your phone's SD card and all you have to do is select one.

It works well.

The steps may be a bit different if you are using a different mail app.