HTC Desire HD — Desire HD Battery Life

• Replies:6
Ben Dreyfuss
  • Forum posts: 37

Jun 7, 2011, 2:23:34 PM via Website

I'm thinking of buying the Desire HD but I am worried that its battery isn't so hot. Can the phone make it through a 9-5 day of texting, web browsing, and some gaming?

Thanks in advance!

— modified on Sep 19, 2011, 3:48:05 PM by moderator

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 7, 2011, 2:32:52 PM via Website

When I had the Desire HD, it drained after about 6 hours. That was only using it for taking a few pictures, about 5 minutes of filming and a bit of web surfing.

If the battery is getting super slow, make sure to delete any apps that take up a lot of battery life or that run in the background and this should improve battery
performance.

Delete apps one at a time until you hit jackpot.

— modified on Sep 19, 2011, 3:48:19 PM by moderator

Niels Christiansen
  • Forum posts: 47

Jun 9, 2011, 10:53:07 AM via App

Hmm, instead of randomly removing apps I suppose it should be possible to get an overview of battery consumption through Settings - About phone - Battery - Battery usage. My DHD is set up with Danish, your menu language mileage may vary.
My DHD lasts from morning to at least early evening with some browsing etc. Again, mileage may (and will) vary and despite the DHD isn't a fantastic long hauler, I am all in all quite happy.

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Jun 16, 2011, 8:11:21 AM via Website

I nearly did everything what I could do: I rooted the desire, I tried to figure out what app would suck my battery dry... My battery needs to be recharged every 6-8 hours, even if the phone runs in standby the whole time. I think that batteries in smartphones are really a mass at the moment. I do not know a smartphone (including Apple) where I would say that the battery lifetime would be satisfying. Do you?

— modified on Sep 19, 2011, 3:48:52 PM by moderator

cxmikes
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 22, 2012, 3:20:22 AM via Website

If you can't solve it, it is recommended that change to a bigger capacity of the battery, so can extend the standby time.

Sophia White
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 24, 2012, 4:20:56 PM via Website

My battery life isn't amazing, but I can do enough on it. However playing games and looking around the Android Market just eat the battery and I can watch it drop. Will Gingerbread improve battery consumption or manage it better?

Niels Christiansen
  • Forum posts: 47

Dec 30, 2012, 6:33:33 PM via App

Generally speaking the Android OS improves with each iteration, task and thus battery management included. To enhance batterylife even more you can use e.g. JuiceDefender or do as I, simply disable automatic sync and even disable data when not in use.