How do I improve the GPS on my Samsung Galaxy S?

• Replies:6
Ben Dreyfuss
  • Forum posts: 37

Jun 8, 2011, 11:07:21 AM via Website

I love this phone, but for some reason the GPS is complete garbage! For some reason when I asked it to track me while hiking it completely messed up the distance I traveled. Anyone else have this issue? How can I fix the GPS??

Alex M.
  • Forum posts: 36

Dec 22, 2011, 8:02:21 PM via Website

Use GPS Aids (found in market if u can't find here) but u'll need root permissions.

Jim Walker
  • Forum posts: 34

Dec 23, 2011, 10:08:13 PM via App

I use GPS Booster,it runs in the background when you start your GPS app and although a message appears on screen saying"GPS booster failed",in fact it gets a GPS fix very quickly.This works on my SG2

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Dec 27, 2011, 4:17:39 PM via Website

My cousin uses a custom rom that fixes the GPS on the Galaxy S, www.teamwhiskey.com, look for the Bionix-V rom.

Alex M.
  • Forum posts: 36

Dec 28, 2011, 12:29:49 AM via Website

Yeah, it is good idea to use customs because they have much more things fixed and included than stocks:wink:

Adam Daniels
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 27, 2012, 8:56:27 PM via Website

I have a Galaxy S i9000, and yes the GPS is rubbish! However GPS Aids, as someone already suggested, is good. You don't need root permisions for root to get the simple GPS correction file, that is missing in the Galaxy. After loading the file the GPS works extremely efficiently.