apps getting "deleted" upon phone startup

• Replies:33
Daniel Vazquez
  • Forum posts: 19

Jun 9, 2011, 10:29:18 PM via App

Hi, ive been having this issue with my lg optimus s where when i start up my phone some apps will get "deleted". Their nornal icons would be replaced the default android image but their names will still show up underneat them. When i try to start the app i get an error message saying "cannot run requested activity". When i go to manage applications the data will still be there (like game save data ect) but the name will end up being this longer version including the devoloper ect. I then have to re download the app to be abel to run it again. Any suggestions to fix this problem?

damponting44corvette72778Mastermind Ashish

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 10, 2011, 10:32:23 AM via Website

That is so strange. :cold: I couldn't find a clear answer on the web. Which apps is it deleting? Do you think it might be an app problem? Are there any similarities between the apps that are being deleted?

damponting44

Daniel Vazquez

Jun 10, 2011, 12:25:26 PM via App

Well there aren't any similarities between them but there Is a group of them that tend to get "deleted". It's usually one of the 3 versions of angry birds I have, hyper jump, androidpitt, glow hockey 2, and pumpkins vs monsters. Also I'll get an error message saying that launcher pro has stop working. Once that message comes on I click wait instead of force close because I see that some, but not all of the apps have been "un-deleted" and I'm cautious of the consequences of closing a launcher app.

damponting44

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 10, 2011, 2:26:36 PM via Website

I have looked all over the internet and can't find anyone with any problem similar to yours. You are unique! Very unique. I will try posting this question in the German forums and see what happens, though.

damponting44corvette72778

Daniel Vazquez

Jun 10, 2011, 9:38:15 PM via App

Thank you sir, it's very much appreciated.

damponting44

NPp
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 27, 2011, 2:49:49 PM via Website

I am also facing a similar problem with my Samsung Galaxy 551. Some icons keep on 'disappearing' and 'reappearing' every new day, particularly when i restart my phone. That generally happens with angry birds, fs explorer and some of the other applications

— modified on Jun 27, 2011, 2:51:43 PM

damponting44corvette72778

Daniel Vazquez

Jun 28, 2011, 1:34:08 AM via App

Yeah I know what you mean. When one of the apps 'disappears' it will sometimes return after I lock the screen then unlock it. Since the apps only 'disappear' when the phone gets turns off then back on, ive simply tried to avoid turning off my phone, a crude solution but effective.

damponting44

Andreas V.
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 7,352

Jun 28, 2011, 6:49:28 AM via Website

Hi @ all

Usually this effect take part if the App is stored on SD via App2SD. When you wake up your phone the SD Card isn't ready so the App and the icon cannot be loaded

damponting44Mastermind Ashish

madhur

Jul 24, 2011, 6:00:08 AM via Website

NPp
I am also facing a similar problem with my Samsung Galaxy 551. Some icons keep on 'disappearing' and 'reappearing' every new day, particularly when i restart my phone. That generally happens with angry birds, fs explorer and some of the other applications

Hi I have the same problem with Galaxy 551 which I bought last week, all of a sudden the apps gets deleted but when I go to the task manager and check it still shows the apps installed on the phone and if I choose to uninstall them it happens without any error. In my case reapperance is very less but they do disappear as an when they feel.

damponting44

Mastermind Ashish
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 10, 2012, 8:20:42 PM via Website

I have the same problem in my Micromax A57, it suddenly turns off and does not startup, i have to remove the battery, joining it again and start and when i start my maximum apps get deleted only by luck 1 or 2 apps just remain. I have their shortcut in the homescreen with the android icon on alll which are being removed...but when i searched them I successfully get all the apps and were running correctly.....but this doesn't solve the issue as i have to search it every time!!! I want this issue to be solved, I hate it!!! REALLY PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT!!!!

damponting44

MaNas TaKle

Nov 26, 2012, 10:52:05 AM via Website

Käpt'n Andreas V.
Hi @ all

Usually this effect take part if the App is stored on SD via App2SD. When you wake up your phone the SD Card isn't ready so the App and the icon cannot be loaded

heyy plz tellme how to fix this problem.... its happening with me too. and the reason you mentioned is right bro.. thanks

Mastermind Ashish

Dec 3, 2012, 6:52:10 PM via Website

Well guys I found a solution for this...... the problem is that the apps are not getting loaded on startup if they are on the sd card because sd card is not loading correctly we can possibly just move all our maximum or important applications to phone's storage and then leave the other applications like that only.......please don't uninstall your apps as u can still use it by going to search and find your particular application which have been disappearred....u will see that it is working fine as i mentioned before.........LoL.......just move all the apps to phone's storage.....and restart your phone.... all apps on the phone's storage will come back and work nicely and if you are lucky may be your sd card's apps may also come back or else u have to search n use........and 1 thing probably if u get your apps back then try avoiding restarting your phone.....restart only if it is necessary.....WELL I'M NOT SATISFIED WITH THIS SOLUTION AS THIS DOESN'T SOLVES MY ISSUE....PLEASE TRY AND ASK TO YOUR MOBILE'S SERVICE CENTRES AND IF THEY HAVE ANY SOLUTIONS OR THEY HAVE SOLVED YOUR ISSUE PLEASE TELL US....PLS PLS!!!! REALLY WAITIN 4 DIS FRM A LONG TYM!!!!

Lily

Dec 4, 2012, 4:36:07 PM via Website

thanks. this info is useful:)

damponting44

Lucas Tan

Apr 19, 2013, 5:39:22 PM via Website

Got a similar but much more serious problem. While rooting messed with the phone, resulting in me having to do a hard reset. When it did, the phone app disappeared. Trying to access it would incur an error message. When I checked the phone applications, it said that the phone application has no data in it, probably meaning it is gone. I really need a solution to the problem or I would be stuck with a phone that can't answer or call, only message. PLEASE HELP

damponting44

Montgomery Picket

May 15, 2013, 9:12:27 AM via Website

When you want to shop at an online retailer, look for coupon codes on the web.

www.arm2teeth.com

Sally Sue

May 31, 2013, 1:24:47 AM via Website

Yes Im having the same problem with my Samsung skyrocket II, it deletes applications and leaves a watermark of the application, and when clicked on , says that its not installed on the device.. it does happen mostly when my phone is restarted.. or dies out because of battery loss. it also makes the cheesy start up music as it boots up my memory card....help!!! couldn't find anything on the internet that even came close to talking about this

— modified on May 31, 2013, 1:25:34 AM

Aditya Raj
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 2, 2015, 2:27:46 PM via Website

I also have the same problem.... when i reboot my device one or two apps are deleted..... First whatsapp then angry birds then my talking tom and many more..... I was having 50+ apps and now i only have 17 of them.... I keep installing them and they are deleting after every reboot....

Aditya Raj

Jan 2, 2015, 2:29:10 PM via Website

So what can I do then.... Any suggestions...

damponting44

Aditya Raj

Jan 2, 2015, 2:31:39 PM via Website

But i dont have an sd card in my phone..... All my apps are stored in the internal memory...

damponting44

Tanu Mohapatra

Jun 21, 2015, 11:26:29 AM via Website

My mom is repeatedly facing this problem. Rebooting deletes all downloaded apps and updates and phone is back to factory sent mode with shortcuts of apps still on home screens but when touched says, APP NOT INSTALLED.

If we go to play store, it just won't let us download any app.
INSUFFICIENT MEMORY.

There's an 8GB external card.

Have cut pasted everything to it.
Moved every app to INTERNAL SD Card, if there is an option.
Force stopped factory bloatware that's not needed.
Still it says no space.
What in the world is occupying that space??

How to fix the problem. Pls help ASAP!

damponting44

Nancy Niece

Jun 23, 2015, 9:53:20 AM via Website

I just bought the LG Leon 4 days ago .The same thing is happening on my phone. I installed the games that I had on my LG Motion .But on this phone I don,t date let it shut off or take out the battery because all but 1 or 2 of my games will be deleated .And I have to reinstall them all over .What is going on ,can you help us?

AJ Carlson

Mar 15, 2016, 7:32:09 AM via Website

I don't have any suggestions. I have the same issue. When I restart my phone, I get a screen sometimes that pops up on reboot and says that it's scanning and optimizing my apps and warns me not to remove the battery before optimization is complete. It's about a 5 minute process. Then, when my phone is done optimizing and I unlock my screen, all the apps I have on my SD card are gone! There is an icon of a grey Android robot with the name of the deleted app underneath. When I try to click on it I get an error message saying "This app is not installed." When I go to my settings to view my apps, none of the deleted ones are there. Even Google Playstore shows them as uninstalled when I look them up. With time, however, the missing apps begin to appear one by one. It has taken anywhere from 2 minutes to nearly an hour in order for all of them to reappear. So bizarre! And extremely irritating! The first time it happened I cried because my photo gallery was gone and I thought I'd lost all my precious photos! :O

Jahred Mcclean

May 14, 2016, 2:57:48 AM via Website

[post deleted]

— modified on Feb 14, 2022, 1:07:36 AM

bob

Jun 17, 2016, 2:51:07 AM via Website

Steven Blum

I have looked all over the internet and can't find anyone with any problem similar to yours. You are unique! Very unique. I will try posting this question in the German forums and see what happens, though.

Apologies for piggybacking on this query, but do you anyone else know how to "lock" app icons into position. I get my screens set up the way I want and invariably, icons disappear or get merged because of finger swipes and sliding the phone in and out of my pocket. It rarely looks the same from week to week. Any app suggestions or other idea would be appreciated. Bob

P Yale

Jul 9, 2016, 12:34:29 PM via Website

I for one just experienced this problem. This also happened a year ago with an update to my firmware from virgin mobile. Wiped my phone clean.

Marlene Saffan
  • Forum posts: 9

Sep 8, 2016, 8:40:52 AM via Website

It's pity when you got a good app and suddenly it's gone.

damponting44
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 10, 2016, 6:49:57 AM via Website

Yes Im having the same issue with my Samsung soar II, it erases applications and leaves a watermark of the application, and when tapped on , says that its not introduced on the gadget.. it happens for the most part when my telephone is restarted.. on the other hand ceases to exist as a result of battery misfortune. it additionally makes the gooey start up music as it boots up my memory card....help!!! couldn't discover anything on the web that even verged on discussing this

Tim Swisher

Nov 30, 2016, 12:01:55 AM via Website

I have the same trouble with missing apps on my rooted 5.0 Lollipop after a reboot (No apps on SD).
I find that the missing apps usually have two copies of themselves in the data\app directory.
What I describe will apply to all updated system apps and user apps:
For example Playstore is a system app but, after it is updated it is stored as data\app\com.android.vending-1 for the first update. Then data\app\com.android.vending-2 for the 2nd update.
Further updates will alternate between these two storage locations.
If something goes wrong and data\app\com.android.vending-1 does not get deleted you will have two copies of Playstore which I think will lead to a randomly disappearing playstore.
I delete the oldest dated of the two storage locations and reboot phone. If still missing I reinstall the app and make sure there is only one copy in data\app directory, I will delete the oldest again.
I have auto update apps turned off to reduce the problem. I have a TWRP backup so I do not worry about messing up the phone.
Good Luck!

Georges De Brouwere

Udayan Biswas

Dec 27, 2016, 10:16:53 PM via Website

Hey dude ,you are not alone ,I have this problem too ,I came here because of this problem only, so here's the thing ,don't panic when this happens ,just let it be ,apparently after enough time, for eg 1 hour, you will see those apps are back again ,my theory is that it takes some time for the phone to establish the path to the sd card again

Eli L.

May 25, 2017, 5:36:29 AM via Website

I am a Link2SD Plus user that also faces this dilemma though I found that enabling in settings the two options 'relink dex' and 'relink lib' (at start up) helped the apps I'd placed on the SD card to appear and be ready. Not really sure why that's not a default action of the app. Hope this will help some.

Vinoth Bala

Jul 20, 2017, 3:08:32 PM via Website

Bro.. I have a problem like this.... In my GIONEE a1 android phone.... Particularly Facebook and messenger get unistalled automatically.....i use internal memory... Every time it happens.. I reinstalled the apps... 3 to 2 days it's normal then unistalled.... I dnt know what to do.... Do u have any idea?

J h

Mar 23, 2018, 9:38:58 AM via Website

I have the same problem with my LG G4 I find that if you clear all the caches it helps delay the problem for a while but it always comes back. I think it has something to do with the way the SD card mirrors with the hard drive just my opinion I don't really know much.

Freddy

Oct 13, 2018, 9:12:36 AM via Website

same case with my phone especially Instagram after restarting I don't get to find the app agai so am opted to download

Courizo

Sep 18, 2021, 9:04:49 AM via Website

My app delete itself whenever I turn off my phone and when I turn it on I will need to re download it again,what's the problem?