Samsung Galaxy S2 — Speaker and mic problem when calling someone.

• Replies:36
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jun 10, 2011 12:59:18 PM

Heys,

Just got my Galaxy S 2 a couple of weeks ago and everything is almost working perfectly…

When I am calling someone the phone sometimes does not turn on the speaker and mike. The call always goes through no trouble with that at all.
The phone is ringing to whoever I am calling, but the one I am calling cannot hear me and vice versa. I noticed that every time I make a call that actually works and goes through without any problems, the phone makes a little dialing sound and then I can hear it is ringing with the normal ringing sound. When the call does not work, the dialing sound and I am not able to hear anything, I can however see when the person I am calling answers the phone because the phones shows the small clock indicating how long I have been talking to person. So the problem lies in both the mike and the speaker because the one I am calling are not able to hear me either.

I tried to see if I could provoke the problem so that I might be able to send it in for a repair, but the mistake is very random and comes and goes as it pleases. Sometimes it works perfectly for days and other times it makes the mistake many times in a row.
I tried to test the phone to see if I could solve the problem by calling my girlfriends phone. At one time the mike and speaker actually started working 30 seconds into the call by just pressing all the buttons I was able to… but it only worked that one time.

Does anyone have an idea towards what this problem might be and more important - how do I fix it? :)

/Lars

Jun 10, 2011 2:25:33 PM

Full, and the first week I had the phone I had a different provider that are using different antennas, where the problem also occurred.

Is there by any chance the possibility of the way I am holding my phone can cause the connection to get interrupted (like Iphone 4) ?

Jul 9, 2011 4:16:35 PM

Hi, I'm sure you have sorted something out by now but I have the same kind of problem with my S2.
Not only in voice calls, but when watching videos\ whatever. The speaker and mic come in and out.

I took it to the network provider shop today, they advised me it is probably a hardware problem. So they told me the location of their service centre and told me to bring it in there.

Aug 16, 2011 3:59:02 PM

I see the same problem... Oh, one thing more, the speaker some times make a lot of noise and I think it's part of the problem. I'm wondering if this is a software or hardware error... Has anyone found a solution to this matter?

Regards,
Martin

Aug 17, 2011 10:16:49 AM

This seems to be a common problem on the web. It looks like Vodafone is recommending users experiencing this problem to do a full factory reset. Also install any updates that have come in since you bought the phone. I wish I could tell you more. I think I'll write a post about this on our blog and see if anyone has any solutions. :unsure:

Aug 19, 2011 3:56:50 PM

I updated the firmware version two days ago, and so far it looks, or should I say sounds :), very much better. I have had no problem since... Just as info: current firmware version is PDA:KF4 / PHONE:KF2 / CSC:KF2(HTD)

Regards,
Martin

Aug 20, 2011 9:56:47 AM

Hi were you able to solve this problem?

Ive been facing the same issue and it has become very annoying now.

Everyone is complaining that my voice is muffled.

If you were able to somehow solve the problem please do let me know how.

Aug 26, 2011 10:37:08 PM

Hello all,

first of all, hi there all of you!! Today I bought a Samsung Galaxy S2. Excited about all the nice features, I encountered a bug. I tried to call my girlfriend, but she couldn't hear me. I thought it maybe a connection problem, so I tried another phonenumber. Sadly it had the same problem as described above this post.

Now I saw that this might be a software problem, because I can use the voice search in a way that the phone recognizes my voice and my command. Unfortunately I couldn't update my firmware to the version Mr. Hartvig showed us. Could this be a problem regarding the country you're in (in my case the Netherlands)?

Sep 5, 2011 1:44:58 PM

Hey Everyone,

i have noticed when i make calls to people i have the same problem. there is a noise reduction thing and it really annoyes me cause it makes it work alot better but you have to do it everytime you answer/they answer the phone and you have to go into the settings and turn it off. :angry: if anyone knows how to turn this off permenently please help me :D

Sep 15, 2011 1:58:55 PM

Sorry for the delay... I'm from Denmark... After I posted my last response I wrote to tech support of 3, where I brought my phone, and gave them the hint to update firmware if other had seen the same problem. They thanked me and wrote that they already knew the problem and that they had solved the problem back in june together with Samsung... Though I never found this information on their site... Well, after all, I haven't had the problem since I updated the firmware...

Regards,
Martin

Nov 3, 2011 10:43:02 PM

Hey

I have a similar problem, i can accept a call, and when i say something in the micro, the other person can hear what i say. But when i can't hear what THE other person is saying. Can someone give me a step by step guide hoe to fix thid problem please? I bought my galaxy s2 in luxemburg, not in the netherlands.

Thanks

Nov 7, 2011 2:44:25 PM

Does sound / The speakers work normally? Or are they completly broken?

If its a hardware problem (i.e. the speakers are broken) then you'll have to get it replaced. If they work normally then it's problay a software problem.

In that case I'd try updating the android version (if one is available) or doing a factory reset as it sounds like you have an error in the O.S. But a factory reset will cause you to loose all information on the phone (contact, sms, progress in apps) unless you back it up. So make sure you've ruled out other problems before you reset you phone.

Nov 7, 2011 3:38:10 PM

Thank you,

I have tarief à rest, but it changes Nothing. The speaker at THE backside works perfectly. Everytime i make a call, i hear a little zoom noise in the earspeaker. I bought a Bluetooth headset, and it works perfectly.