Samsung Galaxy S2 — Samsung Galaxy SII connectivity problem

• Replies:6
pavan kumar
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 13, 2011, 12:15:34 PM via Website

Hi,

First of all sorry to ask basic questions. I m new to Android. I have bought a Samsung Galaxy SII phone couple of days back. I have enabled EDGE and 3G on my carrier. Now, I m having the following issues with the device:

1. Trying to connect to Social Hub and it errors saying connection error (It is able to connect to gmail and gtalk. I am able to search in google search as well). So, internet connection is just fine.

2. Tried to google the issue and found that Samsung has released few updates to Galaxy SII regarding connectivity issues. So, went to Applications -> Settings -> About Phone -> Software Update -> Check for update. A popup throws up saying "Connecting to server ..." and after sometimes throws an error: "Connection Failed".

Installed latest version of Kies software on PC and checked that this is the latest firmware available. Installed Samsung PC Studio, and that software didnt even recognize this mobile device.

Tried to search Samsung website, but couldnt find those updates/fixes.

A. Where can I get those updates ?
B. How can I install them and fix these connectivity issues?

Following is my configuration:
Model number : GT-I9100
Android version: 2.3.3
Baseband version: I9100DDKE2
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKE8-CL214845
Build number: GINGERBREAD.XWKE8

PDA: I9100XWKE8
PHONE: I9100DDKE2
CSC: I9100ODDKE2

Please help me resolve this connectivity issues.

donna starkey

Android Addict
  • Forum posts: 111

Jun 15, 2011, 3:50:26 PM via Website

Do the other hubs work? There seems to be issues with the Social Hub. I've read a few people's complaints about the app online. Have you considered another client that would combine email accounts? They're out there.

Richard Henker
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 25, 2011, 2:46:04 PM via App

Turn off USB debugging within the settings will solve your connection problem with kies.

jason putnam

Jun 22, 2012, 4:10:43 PM via Website

Am having the same problem.

donna starkey

Jul 12, 2012, 3:53:58 AM via Website

So tired of these connectivity problems :-(

at a loss as to what to do now, Nearly ready to jump to iphone i think.

donna starkey

Jul 12, 2012, 4:01:43 AM via Website

Richard Henker
Turn off USB debugging within the settings will solve your connection problem with kies.

how - I dont see that I have it turned on.....

alp eren

Oct 24, 2012, 10:23:59 AM via Website

hi

press the button of power a bit longer.you gonna see '' data network mode'' .Enable it.