HTC Sensation or Samsung Galaxy S2?

• Replies:1
Ben Dreyfuss
  • Forum posts: 37

Jun 17, 2011, 10:39:52 AM via Website

It seems that this is the debate everyone is talking about. Now that the HTC Sensation will soon be unlocked, folks in the Samsung camp can no longer claim that Samsung is the only company that cares about rooting.

I've had the opportunity to play around with both for a significant chunk of time and this is what I see as the main differences...

1. Galaxy S2 is more of a "pure Android device" - less cheap thrills like spinning menus and pretty weather widgets you'll probably get sick of in 6 months
  2. Galaxy S2 is faster (though this doesn't mean it'll always run its UI faster) and has more RAM and storage
  3. Galaxy S2 has a brighter, crisper screen that can be viewed from more viewing angles. This is just incredibly apparent all the time. The Galaxy S2 screen is gorgeous.
  4. Galaxy S2 has no fancy lockscreen allowing you to easily access the phone's camera, messages, dialer, etc, which is a drawback, butt...
  5. Galaxy S2 has a better battery life. Much better, in fact.

So there you have it. Those are my impressions so far..

— modified on Sep 27, 2011, 11:38:08 AM by moderator

Andreas V.
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 7,352

Jun 17, 2011, 11:44:21 AM via Website

Hi Ben,

Thanks for sharing your impressions with us. Unfortunately I have to wait some time to get a new phone from my provider :(