Welcome to the new HTC ChaCha forum!

• Replies:194
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Nov 3, 2011 10:13:45 AM via Website

If you want to try to update your HTC ChaCha'S OS then try this... Go to Settings> Telephone info> and Click on Software update. If there is a new version of Android out for your phone and supported by your provider then it should download automatically.

We've had a lot of complaints about the blue exclamation mark on the htc cha cha. It just appears to be a harmless error that doesn't harm you phone. So even if there isn't a software update out there, don't worry too much about it!

Nov 20, 2011 8:47:48 AM via Website

Hi...My HTC Chacha is 3 months old...it has started hanging out of blues....and i think software update will solve the issue as I have already tried "restore factory settings" but all in vain.
Can u plz help me how shall I update the software?
Many Thanks In advance :)

Nov 21, 2011 12:02:19 PM via Website

Go to Settings> Telephone info> and Click on Software update and that should update your system software if there is an update available... What did you mean hanging out of blues? I'm not really sure what type of problem that could be. Could you describe it a bit better? What exactly is the error or problem?

Dec 5, 2011 7:30:13 PM via Website

Hey guys! I've had a ChaCha for a couple months without facing an issue. But recently, whenever I try to connect to my data connection ('Mobile Network'), the box gets ticked but below it says "use phone for data connection when wifi is unavailable". Earlier I used to tick the box, and "connected" used to appear below. The ' E ' sign(or EDGE sign) on the top bar also does not appear now when I tick the box. Can anyone help me out? Thanks guys!

Dec 8, 2011 10:59:33 PM via Website

I've had my ChaCha for a few months now, and recently it's started to loose its battery quickly when I've been in work so haven't been using it, when I charge it it's like the port has a loose connection because as soon as the phone gets moved the slightest, it stops charging, now I've tried this with different chargers incase it was the charger but still the same problem.

It's also started to not turn on and the orange light flashes when it chargers...it's like it doesn't respond to anything, can anyone help me out please ? I've tried a hard reset, got it up but didn't do a factory reset when really I should have...I can't get that screen up again now, It's been plugged into the charger all day but still nothing.

Much appreciated!

Dec 9, 2011 10:24:11 AM via Website

If the port is loose and you have a back connection, doing a factory reset wont do a thing. If it's really a hardware issue you're going to have to take your phone to a repair shop or someone who can service it and get it fixed there. :( You could try going to settings>applications>Battery use and seeing which app is using the most power. That might help give you a better feel if it's really just a hardware issue or if better application management would help improve battery life.

Hope that helps!

Dec 10, 2011 7:51:36 PM via Website

:grin:Can anyone help me -i need to change my skype username on my cha cha -however i cant find how to logg out of the account -or do i need to deleate skype and reinstall? Thanks

Dec 12, 2011 12:03:37 PM via Website

If you want to log out of Skype in the latest version of the Skype App go to the main menu (click on the skype logo in the top left side of the screen ) If you see 4 buttons labled Contacts Recent Call phone s and Profile you should be in the main menu. Now click the Menu button (the 2nd soft button from the left) this should bring up a context menu where one of the options is "sign out".

Hope that helps!

Dec 14, 2011 8:39:44 PM via Website

Hey I have a HTC chacha, I've only had it a couple of months and its been fine. But the other day the screen just wouldn't turn on, and I've tried drying it out to see if it was just water damaged but that hasn't seemed to work. The phone turns on, and everything else works apart from the screen, I was wondering if you could tell me what's wrong with it and if it's possible to fix?
-Charlie

Dec 17, 2011 5:45:48 PM via Website

Hiyaaa,
It's not really a problem but I just want to know how to activate the voice dialler without opening it from the menu. I have my phone in my jeans and when I forget to lock it, it activates it. I can see a mic next to the FN button but I can't seem to activate it, help? x

Dec 19, 2011 9:44:47 PM via Website

Hiya,
my name is mimi and my friend has done something to my htc chacha.
It said my storage was low, so she took out the battery and changed the micro sd card, when we turned it back on it would do this:
HTC *black screen* HTC quietly brilliant
and it keeps on doing the black screen and then HTC quietly brilliant.
We can't get it to work properly so i was wondering if you could help us, the only way to turn it off is taking out the battery and when we plug it into the computer it recognises it as a storage thing.
Thanks,
MiMi

Dec 21, 2011 9:22:55 AM via Website

Hey man, im not sure whether my chacha is broken or whether theres a way to fix this but you would know. Whilst i was messaging friends on facebook my chacha froze, i held down the power button (as you would do) and pressed restart. The restart worked but the htc and vodafone introduction screens keep repeating over and over again not actually entering my phone. so in order for it to stop i have to take the battery out. I press to turn it on again and it does the same, keeps replaying the htc quietly brilliant and vodafone introduction screens one after eachother over and over. Ive had it for 3 to 4 days so its new, and ive plugged it in to charge, plugged it into the computer, nothings worked. Please help me man.

Dec 29, 2011 7:56:52 PM via Website

Hello, my name is andrew, and my phone has had this problem 3 times and as I've already seen I'm not the only one whis this problem. So, when I've been wirting messages and I press the "S" key it sends me to messages, or to drafts when I have drafts. The first two times I just switched the phone back on and it worked, but now it doesn't want to work. I've tried clearing the Touch Input app data but it doesn't change anything. Please help I really need my phone.

Excepet for this little problem I recommend this phone, perfect for people who like QWERTY phones.

Andrew.

Jan 2, 2012 5:13:46 PM via Website

Hey Guys,

just got a little question. I got the HTC Cha Cha for about 1 month.
I´m really confident, but there´s a little problem. The Facebook-button doesn´t work. I can´t authorize my phone with FB.
There´s an error occuring which says "Htc cha cha can´t authorize. Please try again later" -> doesn´t work later!

I spoke to a customer consultant and he said: go to the htc website and search for a programm with which you can do a software reinstallation. I searched for it. There was no programm like this.

Can you help me, please ?

thanks jole

Jan 3, 2012 3:58:02 AM via Website

Hi
I got an used htc chacha thats unlocked, so i tried to used it with my sim card and it reads everything well, however, I have no signal at all (sometimes very limited service). I have reseted the phone and checked for the latest software update and it still does not work! I have also tried with another sim card from another carrier and it has the same issue
can you please help me?

thanks!

Jan 3, 2012 10:13:48 AM via Website

This could either be a carrier or a hardware problem. It could be that the area in which you live simply has little to no wireless coverage. However, it could also be that there's something wrong with your antennae, which would be a hardware issue you'd need to take up with the retailer from whom you bought the phone. I would first call your carrier and then consider returning the phone to be looked at (is it still warranted? have you had better luck with other phones in the same location?)

Jan 5, 2012 1:35:34 AM via Website

I have my htc cha cha for few months and there's one problem..when i transfer a song by bluetooth if it has no art work my phone just uses a pic from galery and sets it as song art work....can i fix it somehow??

Jan 20, 2012 3:23:20 PM via Website

I've had my htc cha cha since christmas and i downloaded a battery saving app which i found out that it cuts off the internet signal at certain times of day. When i noticed that the signal had been cut off, i tried turning the signal for the internet back on, on the app, later on i noticed that it had cut off at internet signal, so i deleted the app and now left with a phone that doesnt have signal for the internet, so i put my sim card in my old phone and it worked on that one... someone please help? :-)