Welcome to the new HTC ChaCha forum!

• Replies:197
Huda A
  • Forum posts: 2

May 13, 2012, 11:45:14 PM via Website

Hey.

Last night, I wanted to show a friend a picture I had on my phone. But it says that I have to insert the SD card, which I have....It was working normaly until last night. I have allready restarted my phone, and I tried to take it out and put it back, and i tried another SD card, but it wont work.. What should I do ?

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 14, 2012, 4:33:33 PM via Website

Huda A
Hey.

Last night, I wanted to show a friend a picture I had on my phone. But it says that I have to insert the SD card, which I have....It was working normaly until last night. I have allready restarted my phone, and I tried to take it out and put it back, and i tried another SD card, but it wont work.. What should I do ?

You're sure you have the card mounted correct?

Huda A

May 15, 2012, 4:09:23 PM via Website

well, it was working perfectly fine, and I used the phone the same day to listen to music...
so am pretty sure its mounted correctly.

Ahmed Mokhtar
  • Forum posts: 1

May 19, 2012, 11:38:24 AM via Website

Hello,

I wanted to ask if there a possibility to upgrade the Android version from 2.3.5 to 3.0?

Thank you,

Adam Beraro
  • Forum posts: 3

May 23, 2012, 3:31:45 AM via Website

hi
i have a htc cha cha. every time I try to mms messages to friends is would try multiple times and after about 2 minutes there would be a error message saying generic network failure. do i need a data plan to sent pictures? is there a setting i have to turn on to do this? please help

Eric McBride

May 25, 2012, 2:48:02 PM via Website

Adam Beraro
hi
i have a htc cha cha. every time I try to mms messages to friends is would try multiple times and after about 2 minutes there would be a error message saying generic network failure. do i need a data plan to sent pictures? is there a setting i have to turn on to do this? please help

You shouldnt need a data plan to send pictures. As long as your calling and texting plan supports MMS, you should actually be fine. What country are you located in, and on which network?

Elzan Ramovic

Jun 4, 2012, 10:37:49 PM via Website

Hi everyone.I have a problem with HTC Cha Cha.
When I bought it all 3 microphones were working when I shoot video,now only works one at the bottom.
Software update is not helping . Is it possible to fix in settings ?

Eric McBride

Jun 5, 2012, 2:24:13 PM via Website

Ahmed Mokhtar
Hello,

I wanted to ask if there a possibility to upgrade the Android version from 2.3.5 to 3.0?

Thank you,

Android 3.0 is made for tablets only. You need Android 4.0 (Ice cream sandwich), but I'm not sure if HTC plans on rolling out that update for the Cha Cha :(

Ghada Makdissi

Jun 8, 2012, 12:33:56 PM via Website

Hi.
Yesterday I bought HTC Chacha A810e, i am happy with it, but i have a problem i cannot make a call directly after the dialing the ending call appears.
I would appreciate if you help me.
Thank you
ghada

Nora

Jun 10, 2012, 6:05:11 PM via Website

I've had my Chacha for a few months now, last week there was a software update - since then, it's all messed up. Whenever I press B, the browser opens, S opens my message inbox – it's impossible to write messages! Does anyone else experience this or is anything known?

Jens VM

Jun 11, 2012, 11:39:54 AM via Website

Hey, I have a little problem with my HTC ChaCha, been using it now for 5 or 6 months now and I love it, it's just that if I put Flight mode on and afterwards off my phone doesnt make any connection with my carrier, so I always have to reboot my phone afterwards, can this be fixed? Also, if I'm not fast enough after rebooting my phone and I don't react fast to insert my PIN it just goes on and I have to reboot again, which is quite a bummer. Any help would be appreciated, thx.

Lei Ramos

Jun 29, 2012, 7:34:55 AM via Website

Hi guys. I need help. I can't change the wall paper in my HTC chacha.
I noticed that it started happening when I activated one of my live wallpapers.
I tried changing it by going to, it allows me to choose, crop and save my preferred photo but after I hit crop/save, nothing happens!
It just brings me back to the home screen with no wall paper.
I tried removing the live wallpaper, tried power cycle, but it doesn't fix it. Please help!

hassan javaid

Jul 4, 2012, 3:52:44 PM via Website

hy
bro i hope u'v fine..
your's problem solution here...
i have already a chacha i m already a heavy user... so suggest u chacha exteded bettery...
i do this & m happy n0w...
u know that chacha have 1250 mah bettery...
that 1600 mah & 2430 mah betterys give you great timing...
link here please chek it now ....
http://homeshopping.pk/categories/Accessories/For-HTC-Phones/ChaCha/
if you want this contect me..

christine elliott

Jul 6, 2012, 12:59:01 AM via Website

hi i hav an htc chacha got it last sept.i keep getin a mesage on my screen everytime i use it.it says the application google services framework(process com.google.process.gapps)has stopped unexpectedly.please try again.also wen i receive text messages now it cums up their number and not their name and wen i save numbers 2 my contact list it says people has stopped unexpectedly. would u like to tell htc.

Faiza Khan

Jul 20, 2012, 11:07:44 PM via Website

Hey,

Can anyone please help me. I bought HTC Cha Cha last week and since than when ever I turn off wifi, it seems to mess up my contacts. All the contacts are though saved in people but the text messages appeared from the number only. I do have numbers saved with their area code and also does not synchronize the contacts whenever I use the phone ! As doing so for the first time resulted in same issue so I reset (factory reset) the phone but now its doing the same thing again !! :(
I'm really pissed off, its making me discontinue to use Cha Cha as I can not keep finding out who is messaging every time !! :mad:

I must clear that contacts are saved in people with area code !

I really like the phone but this only reason has pissed me off big time !! :wacko:
Any help on this will be highly appreciatedd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darren gamblen

Jul 29, 2012, 8:13:28 PM via Website

my daughter has an Htc Cha Cha. her friend changed her password and now we can't get on the phone. Please can anyone help? I live in Portsmouth and she lives in London and i need to keep in touch with her daily

Ostrich

Aug 5, 2012, 1:24:24 PM via Website

I cannot completely delete a contact from my contacts list if I sent them a whatsapp message in the past.

The contact's phone number is deleted, their picture etc, but a blank contact with their phone number remains. How do I get rid of that?

naveed
  • Forum posts: 5

Aug 7, 2012, 2:32:42 AM via Website

One day I was browsing the internet and suddenly my HTC ChaCha a810a got hanged and touchscreen was not working and keys as well.when I tried to restart my phone. power button was not working.so I had to remove my battery and reinsert it .
After reinserting the battery I tried to restart my phone.my phone started but it was not going beyond the boot screen and was continuously restarting and was not going beyond boot screen.
Then I googled out to find out help.
I pressed volume down button + power button then I did factory reset.
Then I was able to use my phone fine...then the problem got to start.
my phone started to show this serious errors
Process com.android.Google.gapps closed unexpectedly
Process com.android.Google.voice search closed unexpectedly

Process com.android.Google.maps closed unexpectedly
And similar type of errors for all application
And some time it says framework is not responding please help??????? I tried to update my phone did factory reset thrice and formatted my SD card but was of no use..............its like a nightmare to me.....helppppppp to resolve it

Georgia Howard

Aug 9, 2012, 3:34:01 PM via Website

Three days ago I swapped my provider from Virgin to 3. When I turn on and off my phone after it says HTC after it still says Virgin mobile. I've tried restarting the phone....Anyone help? Also my phone can't connect to wireless network [Hope that makes sense], so when I'm out and about I can't go on Facebook or things like that, but my friends can still contact me. I can connect to wifi though. So I go into settings and onto wireless & networks and underneath where it says mobile network it says 'use phone for data connection when Wi-Fi is unavailable.
But when wi-fi is unavailable it doesn't work. Any help?:unsure:

Georgia Neyland

Aug 23, 2012, 12:38:59 PM via Website

Hello! My phone stopped charging a while ago and would only charge when you push the wire in really hard and bend it. I sent it away to see if it could be fixed and the company said it could be water damage, but I do not think it has water damage due to the fact that it occasionally charges on its own and has not been in contact with water. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to try???? much appreciation!!!

fatima tauseef

Sep 5, 2012, 5:37:51 PM via Website

hello

ive been using chacha for quite a while now and i never had any problems with it. but about a couple of weeks back i got this issue that whenever i try to add a new contact i cant and i just says "saving contact" but nothing happens. also the people app is not working properly and i have to force clpse it at times.

please help me caz i really dont wanna give my cha cha away
thank you

paarth sachdev

Sep 8, 2012, 7:29:45 PM via Website

as i have many friends on my fb acct so when i sync my contacts to fb then it eats up internal memory of my htc then all i left with is 10 mb
if anybody can help me with the root procedure to increase the internal memory
n yeah is it be a good step to root my android version to I.C.S

AprilLing

Sep 11, 2012, 10:10:14 AM via Website

Hey, is it possible for HTC ChaCha to have an on-screen keyboard?? :)

Arindom Kaushik

Sep 12, 2012, 2:14:05 PM via Website

While setting up my HTC chacha i entered my google and facebook account details. The phone automaticaly strated linking my phone contacts with google and FB contact list.

Now after its done linking, i see duplicate contacts in my phone book having the same number. when i open them, one is linked with the FB account and the other one is the google account of that same person. I tried merging this contacts having same contact numbers but unable to find an option in the settings. Also i have seen in few other HTC models they have a option of "De Duplicate" records which is also not present in Cha cha.

I want to clear the mess from my phonebook and probably also transfer my phone contacts to my gmail account so i can sometimes manage the contacts by logging into gmail from a laptop.

Please help !!

J Havoc

Sep 15, 2012, 3:45:19 PM via Website

Hi i'm having the same problem with my HTC Status, it sends texts perfectly fine. My wifi works perfectly fine. But it cannot...and will not send multimedia, pictures, nor sound nor videos. it just doesn't do it i get this: "cannot send, generic network failure" after i wait and it fails to send.

I'm trying to send pics through TEXT message using the paperclip "attachments" so i attach the picture from gallery > all photos it says "converting to mms" then the notifying message fades...i click send. My Priority is set to HIGH i have gone to message settings and delivery reports is turned off so is read reports and everything in that option. (i read here it can mess with the MMS) I am not trying to EMAIL the media...i am trying to attach it in a text message. How can i or telusmobility or HTC fix this problem? If no fix...they should recall their phones as faulty product and i should demand a refund and a better phone.

And what is it you mean confirm with my network provider that MMS settings is fixed? are you saying it has been broken in many phones of htc and they have yet to fix it? and what is APN? Please help me in a detailed manner like i have just explained to you in a step by step. What should i do?

Herbert Joseph

Sep 16, 2012, 5:58:06 AM via Website

Did you ever get the password problem fixed? I have the same problem

Sam Khac Dinh

Oct 23, 2012, 7:34:57 PM via Website

i just got the phone from my sister, and it looks lige she forgot her google login, which means that i cant go in the marked, is there a way to change your username to your google login ??

kristel rozol

Nov 2, 2012, 5:14:13 PM via Website

Hi there!
I don't know what's the problem but I can't send an mms. I hope you can help me sort this out. Thanks!

lilly dearien

Nov 5, 2012, 9:13:29 PM via Website

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me got a few problems. 1) i dont have a clue how to save my pics on my phone to my sd card or set it to where it does every time i take one. 2) low storage is a major problem it says i have a lot of apps i dont ever see like twitter i dont even use twitter lol i even factory reset it and it still says it exsists? I downloaded an app called move2sd or something that helps but it still says low storage? And 3) it has a bunch of force close boxes that pop up. And it often wont let me open my contacts being the age i am away from my family they panic if i cant contact them and i am not good at remembering numbers. Now Im a very patient but im about to throw it out a car window. Please help

Thank you

— modified on Nov 5, 2012, 9:18:59 PM

Owais Khan

Dec 20, 2012, 10:33:11 AM via Website

I already have the latest software (Android 2.1) but I wanna re-install it. How do I do that?

Chidiebere Ohadoma

Feb 8, 2013, 1:00:22 PM via Website

hello,
since i bought my at$t htc chacha, i find it difficult to access internet outside a wi-fi environment it keeps writing ''this application requires network access. Enable mobile network or Wi-Fi to download data'' the irony is that my mobile network in enable.
Even with the Wi-Fi, i can get anything from the Android market, it keeps writing ''Your phone needs to communicate with Google server'' the next thing is ''sorrry u dont have a network conection''

please how can this be rectified?

Regards,
Chidiebere

shahasadh mohamed pk

shahasadh mohamed pk

Mar 27, 2013, 12:47:58 PM via Website

guYs

ma htc chacha has a low internal memory........:(:angry:
is there any way to overcome this prob...?

how cAn i upgrade its android..?

pls help

Vigyanlabs

Apr 17, 2013, 3:51:05 PM via Website

You can try: IPMPlus Battery Saver Lite - Its is built using patented Intelligent Power Management technology. It optimizes battery usage dynamically without requiring any intervention from you. Simply keep it on and get that extra battery life you always need - last ounce of juice when your phone is really thirsty. When it comes to smartphones, battery life is never enough: run at max capacity when you need it, but save battery when you don’t with IPMPlus Battery Saver Lite

Edith E

Apr 18, 2013, 6:35:53 PM via Website

i recently started having this issue when i tried sending a friend a picture of my ring, i wanted to take the picture and my phone went off and i pressed the power button than it came back on. Its been going on for a while now and i really need to get a solution soonest. Thanks

— modified on Apr 18, 2013, 6:40:02 PM

Edith E

Apr 26, 2013, 8:37:51 PM via Website

MY phone keeps going off everytime i use any of the apps and its making using the phone not fun its not up to a year since i bought the phone. What can be done , pls help

Avishek Ghosh
  • Forum posts: 14

Apr 26, 2013, 9:03:49 PM via Website

The word "ChaCha" means "uncle" in Hindi and Urdu. So, it is HTC Uncle:grin:

Edith E

Apr 27, 2013, 11:48:01 PM via Website

MY phone has been going off lately too frequently , at first i thought it was when i use the camara with the flash but i was wrong, its with all the apps, its just goes off even when its trying to come on. i really hope you can help me soonest cos i have sent two posts without responses, so am hoping you get this. THANK YOU

Prince Yogeen

Jun 21, 2013, 7:11:02 PM via Website

hey its not working

Mazen Yasser

Jun 29, 2013, 8:11:53 PM via Website

CID incorrect!
update fail!
<power> to reboot

What Should i do :S ? that was after i unlocked the bootloader
and that was while making the recovery :( !
What should i do i need to make root but this stopped me !!!

Carly Wong

Aug 22, 2013, 5:11:03 AM via Website

Hi there I'm new in here
I have a HTC Chacha and I accidently factory restore it on the setting,then when it restart the phone,the screen is black,just can see the upper swipe down screen.
It's seem's like all the important things for Android Phone to start up has gone...
Please help me thanks...

Chantelle Lovell

Dec 3, 2013, 5:38:01 PM via Website

hi im having a problem with my HTC CHACHA every time i put headphones in to listen to music it skips my songs and it calls people constantly please help

Mohamed Mahgoub

Jan 31, 2014, 3:08:12 PM via Website

Hi my ChaCha couldn't connect to the network .. i tried to do this manually but when it comes to search networks it fails and it also failed to connect automatically .. i tried to change the sim but still no network .. any solutions or suggestions? my mobile is out of warranty
Thanks in advance

Jham Garcia

Feb 7, 2014, 4:04:29 AM via Website

I'm also experiencing the same thing. my Twitter for HTC Sense is not responding. I dont know what just happened. im using HTC Chacha by the way. My Facebook button is functioning but my Twitter for HTC Sense is not responding. What should I do?! Anyone can help me regarding this matter. Customer Service of HTC is helpless and doesnt contributed any on my problem. Hope to hear a responses on you very soon. Thanks!

I wiswh I can receive a helpful answer on you here on my email: jham_garcia@ymail.com or on twitter: @iamjhamgarcia

Appreciated well!

Noshad Memon

Jun 24, 2014, 7:08:33 AM via Website

my htc is not loading operating system.why?

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 24, 2014, 9:39:40 AM via Website

Noshad Memon

my htc is not loading operating system.why?

Try this:

Turn the power off. If your HTC Chacha is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
Hold the Volume Down button
Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
Press and release the Power button
Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

All data will be deleted and the phone should reboot to its factory fresh state.

Fatmir Ballata

Oct 15, 2014, 7:18:55 AM via Website

Georgia Neyland

Hello! My phone stopped charging a while ago and would only charge when you push the wire in really hard and bend it. I sent it away to see if it could be fixed and the company said it could be water damage, but I do not think it has water damage due to the fact that it occasionally charges on its own and has not been in contact with water. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to try???? much appreciation!!!

sunnyberryme

Dec 22, 2014, 1:25:52 PM via Website

I would say HTC cha cha is not that user friendly as others,

Eagle Eye 404

Jun 27, 2019, 1:59:48 PM via Website

You can always find something interesting here. Great read, double thumbs up👍🏻👍🏻