Welcome to the new HTC ChaCha forum!

• Replies:195
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jun 11, 2012 11:39:54 AM via Website

Hey, I have a little problem with my HTC ChaCha, been using it now for 5 or 6 months now and I love it, it's just that if I put Flight mode on and afterwards off my phone doesnt make any connection with my carrier, so I always have to reboot my phone afterwards, can this be fixed? Also, if I'm not fast enough after rebooting my phone and I don't react fast to insert my PIN it just goes on and I have to reboot again, which is quite a bummer. Any help would be appreciated, thx.

Jun 29, 2012 7:34:55 AM via Website

Hi guys. I need help. I can't change the wall paper in my HTC chacha.
I noticed that it started happening when I activated one of my live wallpapers.
I tried changing it by going to, it allows me to choose, crop and save my preferred photo but after I hit crop/save, nothing happens!
It just brings me back to the home screen with no wall paper.
I tried removing the live wallpaper, tried power cycle, but it doesn't fix it. Please help!

Jul 4, 2012 3:52:44 PM via Website

hy
bro i hope u'v fine..
your's problem solution here...
i have already a chacha i m already a heavy user... so suggest u chacha exteded bettery...
i do this & m happy n0w...
u know that chacha have 1250 mah bettery...
that 1600 mah & 2430 mah betterys give you great timing...
link here please chek it now ....
http://homeshopping.pk/categories/Accessories/For-HTC-Phones/ChaCha/
if you want this contect me..

Jul 6, 2012 12:59:01 AM via Website

hi i hav an htc chacha got it last sept.i keep getin a mesage on my screen everytime i use it.it says the application google services framework(process com.google.process.gapps)has stopped unexpectedly.please try again.also wen i receive text messages now it cums up their number and not their name and wen i save numbers 2 my contact list it says people has stopped unexpectedly. would u like to tell htc.

Jul 20, 2012 11:07:44 PM via Website

Hey,

Can anyone please help me. I bought HTC Cha Cha last week and since than when ever I turn off wifi, it seems to mess up my contacts. All the contacts are though saved in people but the text messages appeared from the number only. I do have numbers saved with their area code and also does not synchronize the contacts whenever I use the phone ! As doing so for the first time resulted in same issue so I reset (factory reset) the phone but now its doing the same thing again !! :(
I'm really pissed off, its making me discontinue to use Cha Cha as I can not keep finding out who is messaging every time !! :mad:

I must clear that contacts are saved in people with area code !

I really like the phone but this only reason has pissed me off big time !! :wacko:
Any help on this will be highly appreciatedd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 29, 2012 8:13:28 PM via Website

my daughter has an Htc Cha Cha. her friend changed her password and now we can't get on the phone. Please can anyone help? I live in Portsmouth and she lives in London and i need to keep in touch with her daily

Aug 5, 2012 1:24:24 PM via Website

I cannot completely delete a contact from my contacts list if I sent them a whatsapp message in the past.

The contact's phone number is deleted, their picture etc, but a blank contact with their phone number remains. How do I get rid of that?

Aug 7, 2012 2:32:42 AM via Website

One day I was browsing the internet and suddenly my HTC ChaCha a810a got hanged and touchscreen was not working and keys as well.when I tried to restart my phone. power button was not working.so I had to remove my battery and reinsert it .
After reinserting the battery I tried to restart my phone.my phone started but it was not going beyond the boot screen and was continuously restarting and was not going beyond boot screen.
Then I googled out to find out help.
I pressed volume down button + power button then I did factory reset.
Then I was able to use my phone fine...then the problem got to start.
my phone started to show this serious errors
Process com.android.Google.gapps closed unexpectedly
Process com.android.Google.voice search closed unexpectedly

Process com.android.Google.maps closed unexpectedly
And similar type of errors for all application
And some time it says framework is not responding please help??????? I tried to update my phone did factory reset thrice and formatted my SD card but was of no use..............its like a nightmare to me.....helppppppp to resolve it

Aug 9, 2012 3:34:01 PM via Website

Three days ago I swapped my provider from Virgin to 3. When I turn on and off my phone after it says HTC after it still says Virgin mobile. I've tried restarting the phone....Anyone help? Also my phone can't connect to wireless network [Hope that makes sense], so when I'm out and about I can't go on Facebook or things like that, but my friends can still contact me. I can connect to wifi though. So I go into settings and onto wireless & networks and underneath where it says mobile network it says 'use phone for data connection when Wi-Fi is unavailable.
But when wi-fi is unavailable it doesn't work. Any help?:unsure:

Aug 23, 2012 12:38:59 PM via Website

Hello! My phone stopped charging a while ago and would only charge when you push the wire in really hard and bend it. I sent it away to see if it could be fixed and the company said it could be water damage, but I do not think it has water damage due to the fact that it occasionally charges on its own and has not been in contact with water. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to try???? much appreciation!!!

Sep 5, 2012 5:37:51 PM via Website

hello

ive been using chacha for quite a while now and i never had any problems with it. but about a couple of weeks back i got this issue that whenever i try to add a new contact i cant and i just says "saving contact" but nothing happens. also the people app is not working properly and i have to force clpse it at times.

please help me caz i really dont wanna give my cha cha away
thank you

Sep 8, 2012 7:29:45 PM via Website

as i have many friends on my fb acct so when i sync my contacts to fb then it eats up internal memory of my htc then all i left with is 10 mb
if anybody can help me with the root procedure to increase the internal memory
n yeah is it be a good step to root my android version to I.C.S

Sep 12, 2012 2:14:05 PM via Website

While setting up my HTC chacha i entered my google and facebook account details. The phone automaticaly strated linking my phone contacts with google and FB contact list.

Now after its done linking, i see duplicate contacts in my phone book having the same number. when i open them, one is linked with the FB account and the other one is the google account of that same person. I tried merging this contacts having same contact numbers but unable to find an option in the settings. Also i have seen in few other HTC models they have a option of "De Duplicate" records which is also not present in Cha cha.

I want to clear the mess from my phonebook and probably also transfer my phone contacts to my gmail account so i can sometimes manage the contacts by logging into gmail from a laptop.

Please help !!

Sep 15, 2012 3:45:19 PM via Website

Hi i'm having the same problem with my HTC Status, it sends texts perfectly fine. My wifi works perfectly fine. But it cannot...and will not send multimedia, pictures, nor sound nor videos. it just doesn't do it i get this: "cannot send, generic network failure" after i wait and it fails to send.

I'm trying to send pics through TEXT message using the paperclip "attachments" so i attach the picture from gallery > all photos it says "converting to mms" then the notifying message fades...i click send. My Priority is set to HIGH i have gone to message settings and delivery reports is turned off so is read reports and everything in that option. (i read here it can mess with the MMS) I am not trying to EMAIL the media...i am trying to attach it in a text message. How can i or telusmobility or HTC fix this problem? If no fix...they should recall their phones as faulty product and i should demand a refund and a better phone.

And what is it you mean confirm with my network provider that MMS settings is fixed? are you saying it has been broken in many phones of htc and they have yet to fix it? and what is APN? Please help me in a detailed manner like i have just explained to you in a step by step. What should i do?

Oct 23, 2012 7:34:57 PM via Website

i just got the phone from my sister, and it looks lige she forgot her google login, which means that i cant go in the marked, is there a way to change your username to your google login ??

Nov 5, 2012 9:13:29 PM via Website

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me got a few problems. 1) i dont have a clue how to save my pics on my phone to my sd card or set it to where it does every time i take one. 2) low storage is a major problem it says i have a lot of apps i dont ever see like twitter i dont even use twitter lol i even factory reset it and it still says it exsists? I downloaded an app called move2sd or something that helps but it still says low storage? And 3) it has a bunch of force close boxes that pop up. And it often wont let me open my contacts being the age i am away from my family they panic if i cant contact them and i am not good at remembering numbers. Now Im a very patient but im about to throw it out a car window. Please help

Thank you

— modified on Nov 5, 2012 9:18:59 PM