David Tavarez
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 27, 2011, 5:48:32 PM via Website

Thanks for sharing this!

Tyler York
  • Forum posts: 17

Nov 8, 2011, 8:32:38 PM via Website

Hey Johannes,

Fascinating data, thanks for sharing. Any chance that you'll do a post sharing the insights you've learned as an indie Android developer?

Tyler

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Nov 9, 2011, 9:55:05 AM via Website

Yes, I can say for the rest of us at AndroidPIT that we'd love for you to write a blog post...

:grin:

-s

Johannes Borchardt
  • Forum posts: 114

Nov 9, 2011, 10:06:59 PM via Website

Tyler York
Hey Johannes,

Fascinating data, thanks for sharing. Any chance that you'll do a post sharing the insights you've learned as an indie Android developer?

Tyler

What would you expect from such an article, content wise?

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Dec 7, 2011, 12:03:03 PM via Website

Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner! What would be interesting would be information about your experience, what your expectations were at the beginning of developing apps for Android, if they were met, and how you view the whole process. If you want, PM me and we can talk about it some more.

Tyler York

Jan 13, 2012, 1:02:38 AM via Website

Hey Johannes,

It would just be summarizing your data and using you as an example of how well Android developers monetize over time. I would give your blog and blog posts full credit of course :). My goal is to aggregate your experiences with others that have shared their data

I won't do this without your full permission, so let me know if this would be cool. If not, no worries :)

Johannes Borchardt

Jan 13, 2012, 9:16:53 PM via Website

Tyler York
Hey Johannes,

It would just be summarizing your data and using you as an example of how well Android developers monetize over time. I would give your blog and blog posts full credit of course :). My goal is to aggregate your experiences with others that have shared their data

I won't do this without your full permission, so let me know if this would be cool. If not, no worries :)

Hi Tyler,

sure, feel free to do so.

Best regards
Johannes

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 6, 2012, 12:29:36 PM via Website

Thanks for this! Really interesting to see how its developing.

Did you PM a member of the team to discuss maybe doing a blog post/posts on it?

Johannes Borchardt

Feb 6, 2012, 2:01:41 PM via Website

Hello Eric,
thank you.
No, I didn't PM a member of the team yet but I like the idea. Do you know who's the best person to talk to regarding this topic?
Thank you in advance

Johannes

Tyler York

Feb 22, 2012, 4:54:37 AM via Website

Hey Johannes,

I might write this up as early as this week. I wanted to give you a heads up. I will of course cite you :)

Tyler

Eric McBride

Feb 22, 2012, 1:41:56 PM via Website

Johannes Borchardt
Hello Eric,
thank you.
No, I didn't PM a member of the team yet but I like the idea. Do you know who's the best person to talk to regarding this topic?
Thank you in advance

Johannes

Hi Johannes,

Sorry for my late response on this. Really busy around here.

I am really REALLY interested in finding a way to make this into a regular piece. I will PM you early next week to talk about a few options. Do you have skype details or Gtalk details that you can PM me?

Johannes Borchardt

Mar 6, 2012, 3:28:26 PM via Website

Eric McBride
Johannes Borchardt
Hello Eric,
thank you.
Thank you in advance

Johannes

Hi Johannes,

I am really REALLY interested in finding a way to make this into a regular piece. I will PM you early next week to talk about a few options. Do you have skype details or Gtalk details that you can PM me?

I just sent you a PM.

Here's the February report by the way: http://droid-blog.net/2012/03/06/android-income-report-10-february-12/

Best regards
Johannes

Eric McBride

Mar 6, 2012, 3:40:50 PM via Website

Johannes Borchardt
Eric McBride
Johannes Borchardt
Hello Eric,
thank you.
Thank you in advance

Johannes

Hi Johannes,

I just sent you a PM.

Here's the February report by the way: http://droid-blog.net/2012/03/06/android-income-report-10-february-12/

Best regards
Johannes

Awesome. I ll get in touch with you this week to discuss. Thank you for continuing to post your progress!

Eric McBride

Apr 3, 2012, 5:35:48 PM via Website

Keep it coming man! I have NOT forgotten you. Im still working on a way of making this a regular thing.

Philip T.
  • Forum posts: 5

Jul 20, 2012, 1:17:51 AM via Website

Developers may want to consider AirPush, ranked the #2 largest Android ad network behind Admob. With our revolutionary ad units we can help monetize all your users, even inactive users. We provide unique and effective ad units:
1.) Push Notifications - enables developer to monetize ALL users, even inactive ones. Ad is sent to the notification tray instead of an annoying ad which is typically launched when the user is busying using the app. Users may view ad at their own convenience.:grin:

2.) App Icon - Icon Ads are sponsored shortcuts that appear on the phone's desktop and link to valuable user content such as mobile search and daily deals. Developers generate revenue for each Icon Ad which is distributed to a device.

3.) Smart Wall app - Ads are an in-app ad format which displays a list of free apps for the user to download. They display by default at the beginning of each app launch, but can be triggered by developers anywhere within an app session.

With implementing our unique and revolutionary ad units we give Android developers a 10x increase in revenue along with weekly payments

Check us out!
www.airpush.com

Cheers!! .

Richard R.
  • Forum posts: 90

Aug 19, 2012, 2:37:14 PM via Website

Airpush means to fool your users by sending them ads on their status bar even if your app is not running. As a developer I would never consider to integrate Airpush in my apps, because users HATE it and also hate the apps that use it. There are even apps to find and deinstall Airpush apps on your phone.

Johannes Borchardt

Nov 4, 2012, 10:20:51 PM via Website

Richard R.
Airpush means to fool your users by sending them ads on their status bar even if your app is not running. As a developer I would never consider to integrate Airpush in my apps, because users HATE it and also hate the apps that use it. There are even apps to find and deinstall Airpush apps on your phone.

I'm totally on your side with that, Richard. However, I had a talk with Airpush's COO in London last weekend and I can say at least two positive things about them:
  1. Their notification ads are opt in on app start (seems to be a quite new feature).
  2. They have offerwalls which i like as a alternative payment method.

Furthermore they provide Dialog Ads which I'm not certain about yet. Maybe I'll try them one day but if anybody has any experience using them, I'd be glad to read about them.

My overall impression was that they are trying working on their public perception and on being compatible to the Google Play guidelines, which is a good pledge at least.

Engardo Gillardino
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 8, 2012, 5:40:33 PM via Website

Cool!)Thank you)

Florent Valdelievre
  • Forum posts: 10

Dec 31, 2012, 2:44:12 PM via Website

Really interesting; thanks

Johannes Borchardt

Sep 10, 2013, 3:29:39 PM via Website

Here's the report for the timeframe from September 12 to August 13: Admin edit: **links are forbidden**

Best regards,
Johannes

— modified on Sep 10, 2013, 4:43:17 PM by moderator

Johannes Borchardt

Apr 17, 2016, 4:08:43 PM via Website

After a long, long time, here's are report for my most recent game:
The tumble panda Report

Please enjoy :-)