Trasfer apps to new phone

• Replies:2
Aaron B.
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 27, 2011, 10:20:00 PM via Website

I searched the threads and didnt find the answer I was looking for, so I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here.

I will be upgrading from my Motorola Droid in a couple months. Is there a way to transfer the apps I've purchased to the new phone? (Maybe a HTC Thunderbolt?) ...or am I just stuck buying the apps again? I mean, hey, it's not like they're that expensive, I'm just a cheapskate.

Any advice / input is appreciated.

Casey Beth
  • Forum posts: 79

Jun 28, 2011, 2:12:49 AM via App

I know that as far as any apps that you have purchased they are connected to your account, not your phone. So when you activate your new phone any purchased apps will appear in your apps list as purchased. I am curious to know if transferring apps from one phone to another is possible though. My problem with my last phone upgrade wasn't purchased apps but apps that were no longer available in the market. I could no longer find or download several of my favorite apps & I don't want to see that happen again with my next phone! I too am interested in the t-bolt.

— modified on Jun 28, 2011, 2:19:08 AM

Andreas V.
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 7,352

Jun 28, 2011, 6:41:10 AM via Website

Hi,

I use App Monster to save my Apps to SD to be able to restore them if necessary. The only problem is that you cannot update them via Market after reinstall.

And: some Apps are connected to the IMEI of the phone so you have to buy them again.