HTC Evo 3D — First Impressions of Evo 3D

• Replies:0
Jane Derry
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 28, 2011, 3:20:36 PM via Website

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought my very own HTC Evo 3D. I would say I love it, so far! The activation was painless, and I was taking 3D photos in no time. Here are a few of my first impressions....more to come later.

3D effect
I would say the sweet spot for 3D viewing is larger than I imagined reading the reviews. I can view 3D images anywhere from 6 inches from my face to about an arm's length, which is honestly good enough for me.

Battery

I used my HTC a lot the first day, recording 3D videos, letting my friends go online, downloading apps and watching the Green Hornet. The battery lasted about 6.5 hours under moderate use.

Signal Strength
I haven't had any problems with this. I'm noticing many more bars than I used to have on my Desire HD when walking around the house.

Hand Feel
I'd say the phone feels nice and rubbery and durable in the hand. Although I keep on accidentally smudging the 3D camera with my palm.

Sense 3.0
I'd played around with this at a trade fair, and yes, it's very user-friendly. Easy to download beautiful HTC widgets, and of course the weather app is fantastic. I also like spinning the 3D carousel by swiping the phone rapidly.

— modified on Jun 28, 2011, 3:21:56 PM