Full-backup app available?

• Replies:4
Dirk van den Berg
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 1, 2011, 8:24:08 AM via Website

Hi people,

I started using my first smartphone earlier this year. What surprised me is that there seems to be no app available that can back up ALL that you installed. Each time I have to reset my phone, and I have to do so pretty frequently because my camera-app and Maps-app stall after some heavy use, I have to make the settings for my ringtones, emailapp, en diverse settings for my apps all over again.

Then there is the startscreen, I like to backup this too. Each time after reinstalling I have to shortlink all my favorite apps all over again.

I already purchased App Monster Pro, which backups up my chosen apps to my SD-card, works fine, but I like to see more functionalities.

Anyone on this?

ireneL
  • Forum posts: 114

Jul 1, 2011, 9:17:31 AM via App

1)titanium backup pro if your rooted. cost us$5.99

2) my backup pro cost us$4.99

highly recommend #1 if your rooted, if non rooted try the #2.

I'm using titanium with mine.

I'm guessing that your device is not rooted? try the second one, the description seems to pit on what your looking to achieved.

Goodluck :-)

English is my second Language :-)

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jul 1, 2011, 9:57:42 AM via Website

Use the Astro File Manager for backing up those apps that allow it, Sprite Mobile Backup for putting your SMS and call records onto services like Dropbox or an SD card, and Calltrack calls-on-a-calendar tool to keep all the data of your mobile life handy and accessible. I would also suggest creating an account at AppBrain to keep tighter track of your installed applications, since Google's background backup of your installed apps is finicky, and limited to Android 2.0 and above.

Dirk van den Berg
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 1, 2011, 4:13:49 PM via Website

ireneL

I'm guessing that your device is not rooted? try the second one, the description seems to pit on what your looking to achieved.

Thanx for answering so quickly. One question though: I encountered the word 'rooted' previously, but I still can't find out what this means. In my limited knowledge, whether your smartphone is rooted or not depends on the version? My model is a Samsung Galaxy Tab I5510.

ireneL
  • Forum posts: 114

Jul 1, 2011, 7:12:03 PM via Website

Dirk van den Berg
ireneL

Thanx for answering so quickly. One question though: I encountered the word 'rooted' previously, but I still can't find out what this means. In my limited knowledge, whether your smartphone is rooted or not depends on the version? My model is a Samsung Galaxy Tab I5510.

Hi there Dirk, Rooted means gaining a super user access to your device, it enables you the user to put your own signature touch on your device, not to mention make it run faster. Over clocking is the term. But, theres also a bad side, you can end up bricking your device and rooting voids any of the warranty on your device and yes its depends on the version and whether or not some "hackers" had made a root for it.lol

First read this https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/forum/thread/403299/So-what-exactly-is-rooting-and-is-it-for-me#p509213

Still interested in rooting? if the answear is yes, first the Disclaimer, your device your responsibilities, we are not responsible for what happen to your device as a result of following our suggestion.

Having said that here is the rooting guide for your device http://modmymobile.com/forums/491-root-access/560998-app-superoneclick-v1-9-5-root-unroot-enable-non-market-app.html

Theres plenty of info on your device on the net, use google or bing. Feel free to ask questions on topic that you have trouble understanding, theres a lot of helpful and nice folks in this forum:) Good luck.

English is my second Language :-)