Some very, very cool Samsung Galaxy S2 Tips and Tricks...

• Replies:6
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jul 6, 2011 12:09:44 PM

Here you can post any tips and tricks for your new SGS2.

Here are a few neat ones I've found:

• If you hold down on the homescreen, then choose shortcuts, you can then choose a contact and create a widget for them on your homescreen, so you can directly dial someone from there.
  • If you go into airplane mode before launching a game, you won't get any ads.
  • You can focus your camera on a specific thing by touching that area on your screen (so cool!)
  • Message tones can be changed to anything you want by going to homescreen ---> shortcuts ----> settings -----> sounds.
  • Pressing the homescreen and power button together creates a screen shot.
  • Double-pressing the home button brings you to voice commands.
  • If you turn off auto-brightness, you can brighten the screen with a swipe of the finger. Just press the notifications area and move your finger left or right.#
  • On both the homescreen and the apps menu you will see a row of dots indicating which page you are on. hold the dot and scroll left or right. The pages will quickly scroll until you see the page you want.
  • Some widgets allow you to expand them simply by holding down on them.
  • Like on other Samsung Androids, swiping a contact to the left calls them, to the right texts them.
Here's a guide to unlocking Samsung Galaxy S2

— modified on Dec 2, 2011 11:01:49 AM by moderator

Apr 12, 2012 7:26:24 PM

I have gone through the steps for your #1 (bringing contacts to home page). The contacts show as icons, but when I press the icon, there is a short vibration and "delete" appears. How do I get this to work? I thought I was creating a shortcut for my most called friends.

Apr 17, 2012 4:46:15 PM

Android Addict
Here you can post any tips and tricks for your new SGS2.

Here are a few neat ones I've found:

• If you hold down on the homescreen, then choose shortcuts, you can then choose a contact and create a widget for them on your homescreen, so you can directly dial someone from there.
  • If you go into airplane mode before launching a game, you won't get any ads.
  • You can focus your camera on a specific thing by touching that area on your screen (so cool!)
  • Message tones can be changed to anything you want by going to homescreen ---> shortcuts ----> settings -----> sounds.
  • Pressing the homescreen and power button together creates a screen shot.
  • Double-pressing the home button brings you to voice commands.
  • If you turn off auto-brightness, you can brighten the screen with a swipe of the finger. Just press the notifications area and move your finger left or right.#
  • On both the homescreen and the apps menu you will see a row of dots indicating which page you are on. hold the dot and scroll left or right. The pages will quickly scroll until you see the page you want.
  • Some widgets allow you to expand them simply by holding down on them.
  • Like on other Samsung Androids, swiping a contact to the left calls them, to the right texts them.
Here's a guide to unlocking Samsung Galaxy S2

Thanks for sharing this!

Jan 23, 2013 3:58:25 PM

I, for the life of me, can not figure out the screen shot. I gave up the idea of it when my friend told me only Iphones have that feature, until i accidently took a screen shot yesterday but I dont know how!! can you please help! I tried the homescreen tip you gave. Its not working.

B

Jan 24, 2013 8:36:04 AM

Bekah Wray
I, for the life of me, can not figure out the screen shot. I gave up the idea of it when my friend told me only Iphones have that feature, until i accidently took a screen shot yesterday but I dont know how!! can you please help! I tried the homescreen tip you gave. Its not working.

B
Do not just press them, hold both buttons for 2 seconds (until the screen flashes).

Jan 27, 2014 8:04:02 AM

It's really simple. The directions are correct. You have to hold the power button and home button at the same time but you have to hold it for a while, 3 seconds at the most. I hope I helped you atleast a little bit =) xx