How do you get the newest apps?

• Replies:2
Alexander
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 6, 2011, 1:09:44 PM via Website

Hi

I want to analyse the required permission from all apps. My problem is, I don't know how to get the newest apps (or there package name). How does this site work? I saw this site is able to list even the newest apps :). Could somebody please give my a hint. The only way I found until now is to send an empty query to every categorie (I'm using the android-market-api). Does this site provide a list of all Apps (there title, or packagename or id) for download?

Kind regards,
Alexander

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jul 6, 2011, 2:15:35 PM via Website

Hi Alexander,

I hope I can help.

To see all the apps available for download on our site, first click on the tab that says apps in the green bar along the top of the screen.

From there, you will be brought to a page which reads "All Android Apps" and from there you can click on a button that says "All apps sorted by release date." That'll take you to a page that will show you all the apps uploaded to our site, starting with the most recent.

I hope that's the kind of answer you're looking for!

-s

Alexander
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 6, 2011, 4:32:27 PM via Website

Hi Steven,

thanks for the quick response. I found the new Apps on your homepage, but my question is from where did you get the list? On the the phone there is a "just in" section where I can see the newest apps. It seems like you are able to get this list and my question is how does it work. Do you use the android-market-api [1]? Or have you reverse engineered the Market Protocol on your own?

Kind regards,
Alexander

[1] http://code.google.com/p/android-market-api/

edit:
Thanks I figured it out, it works with the android-market-api.

— modified on Jul 9, 2011, 8:48:27 PM