Weather Widget problems.

• Replies:2
Jonathan B. de C.
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 19, 2011, 8:49:00 PM via Website

Hello all. Does anybody know how to add a city or town to the weather widget that came pre-installed on my HTC Desire? It has a certain amount of cities and towns (and some surprising choices, smaller towns etc), but for all my poking about w/all the pref's and settings I cannot for the life of me see any option for setting/adding a new location that isn't a preinstalled/recognised location. Also, for some reason I cannot alter which city weather is shown on my homescreen w/the clock. Any help or ideas would be very gratefully received, as for such a small thing it's driving me mad. J.

— modified on Jul 19, 2011, 8:49:59 PM

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jul 20, 2011, 10:18:57 AM via Website

Try modifying it from the weather app instead of the widget. That might work. Or try removing the widget and follow the prompts again for location. Also, make sure that your Google location services is switched on. Go to settings --> location ---> turn on Google location services and then hit sync.

Jonathan B. de C.
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 20, 2011, 5:18:26 PM via Website

Thanks for the reply and advice. I've managed to change the location shown on the weather/clock widget, but even after trying all your suggestions, and un/reinstalling, switching off, removing/replacing battery and switching on again etc, it still seem's that it's not possible to add any location that's not already listed. Annoying really, I'd've thought Greenwich, apex of the time/dateline would've been listed; seem's not. Again, thank you for yr help. J.