LG Optimus P970 Black home screen problem

• Replies:2
James
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 23, 2011, 5:36:37 AM via Website

Hey,
So a friend of mine was using the LG Optimus Black and attempting to delete an option so there would only be one home screen for the phone (as we use it as a work phone), however in doing this the phone no longer accepts any commands. When unlocked, the home screen is black and reads an error message saying The application Home (process android.process.lghome) has stopped unexpectedly.
Because there are no actions that can be performed on the phone itself, i have attempted to to a hard reset many times, however this has not worked at all.
I have also attempted to reinstall the firmware through the software tool, however after reinstalling it on the phone, the error message still comes up and the phone is essentially bricked.
So i was wondering if anyone here could possibly offer me an solutions to this problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
James

— modified on Sep 26, 2011, 12:16:00 PM by moderator

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jul 25, 2011, 11:14:27 AM via Website

Looked around a bunch but couldn't find a way to un-brick the Optimus Black...perhaps because it's a newer device. You might want to try bringing it back to the store where you bought it from. Are you still warranted?

— modified on Sep 26, 2011, 12:16:11 PM by moderator

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Sep 26, 2011, 12:19:04 PM via Website

Basically, the LG Mobile update software has a built in recovery and if you put in the IMEI or serial number, it will download the original ROM and recover the phone. I just pressed down volume+ and plugged in USB and the phone goes into S/W update mode. In my case i had unintentionally uninstalled the launcher/homescreen, so when the recovery was complete, the homescreen was back to stock, but all my programs were still intact. It did not wipe the internal SD.

This might be a solution for you. Supposedly he did the same thing and got the mobile updater to reload the factory ROM for the Optimus Black. Maybe that would help you?