Chacha FB CHAT

• Replies:5
Afaque Makda
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 23, 2011, 11:04:56 PM via Website

Hi

I am wondering if you can help ? in my HTC Chacha every time it gets any sort of data connection ( Wifi or MoileApn) it connects to FB chat itself :( and then i get msgs from my friends in FB inbox. Only way I can find to stop this to clear data from Facebook for HTC Sense but then I cant use F button on the keyboard, please help all i want is to stop FB Chat to go online itself and I can still use F button on the keyboard

— modified on Sep 16, 2011, 3:21:03 PM by moderator

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jul 25, 2011, 9:47:14 AM via Website

On the ChaCha product page on HTC's website, it says that you can hide FB chat and select notification settings by going to homescreen---> Fb chat ---> then clicking the menu button.

— modified on Sep 16, 2011, 3:21:24 PM by moderator

Afaque Makda

Jul 25, 2011, 10:13:24 PM via Website

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately this is nothing to do with my issue
I want to know how to stop chacha FB chat to go onine itself?

T K See Tho
  • Forum posts: 6

Aug 6, 2011, 5:43:06 PM via Website

Is it because you have auto-sync on for your facebook account? Settings -> Accounts & sync.

Afaque Makda

Aug 6, 2011, 9:11:13 PM via Website

Hi

I have found the solution so thought should share it ( someone kindly helped me on other fourm)

In Facebook:
Privacy Settings > Apps and Websites (Settings) > Click on HTC Chacha > Remove Access Facebook Chat.

You will never be able to log in into facebook chat from FB chat widget but you can use the chat from FB application.

This is permanent and you can restore it back by deleting FB account from your HTC chacha and add it again.

— modified on Sep 16, 2011, 3:21:42 PM by moderator

Cully
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 8:51:23 PM via Website

Thanks for the below info it's works no more middle of the night pings from people who think I'm on chat!!

Afaque Makda
Hi

I have found the solution so thought should share it ( someone kindly helped me on other fourm)

In Facebook:
Privacy Settings > Apps and Websites (Settings) > Click on HTC Chacha > Remove Access Facebook Chat.

You will never be able to log in into facebook chat from FB chat widget but you can use the chat from FB application.

This is permanent and you can restore it back by deleting FB account from your HTC chacha and add it again.