Transferring text messages to my computer for storage?

• Replies:8
  • Closed
Marcel Jennings
  • Forum posts: 56

Aug 8, 2011, 10:35:00 AM via Website

Sorry for the redundant question, but is there a way to transfer all my text messages from my phone to my computer for backup? Any service that can do that?

Thanks

Deactivated Account

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 13, 2012, 2:08:46 PM via Website

I used one called smstotext, or something along those lines (dont have it installed anymore). It was really simply to use and you could pick which contacts messages you wanted to save. It stored them on the sd card. Great app.

dylandrew
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 2, 2013, 8:14:45 AM via Website

To transfer Android text messages to computer, you need to have an USB cable which you connect to your phone and laptop. You will see an installation bubble pop up in the bottom right of your screen. On your Android phone pull down the notification window and tap USB connected. Tap Mount on the notification window that appears. Find the removable storage drive and drag and drop the desired files to the drive. In your phones notification window tap Turn off USB storage and then unplug your phone.
Admin edit: **links are forbidden**

— modified on Dec 6, 2013, 9:53:35 AM by moderator

Emre yalak
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 5, 2013, 8:23:24 PM via Website

goods

Coko Sira

Jun 4, 2013, 6:36:36 AM via Website

Recently I use sms backup & Restore. Free/

Bob Hoskins
  • Forum posts: 3

Aug 28, 2013, 2:57:04 PM via Website

is there one which will export into xml ?

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 12, 2013, 10:28:18 AM via Website

I use SMS to PC (I forget what it's called in the Play Store, but the logo is a cloud voice-bubble with a blue M in it) and it works fine. Very pleased with it, although I try to do a serious cull of messages before I transfer them to PC, because I know 75% of them are just rubbish I hardly need to preserve for posterity!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

blairsteve

Sep 26, 2013, 9:47:29 AM via Website

Android smartphones become more and more popular all over the world, many important notice or bussiness information may be sent/received by text messages. So people would like to transfer SMS from Android phone to a computer for backup or for later usage. But how can we export these important SMS to computer?
Thanks to Android Transfer, which can help import messages in .xml format from computer to your device or export text messages from device to computer as .xml or .txt files easily.

— modified on Oct 22, 2013, 2:21:45 PM by moderator

Deactivated Account

aleksandar m

Oct 22, 2013, 3:17:39 PM via Website