android touchscreen sensitive to rain

• Replies:9
Peter Long
  • Forum posts: 74

Aug 10, 2011, 12:24:39 PM via Website

ok, so this may be really off-topic, but have any of you noticed what your android touchscreen does when it rains on it?

it's funny, but the screen responds to rain drops like crazy. i was trying to write a text message outside while it was drizzling - and it was totally impossible! every drop of water on the screen tapped a bunch of letters and i just couldn't use it.

i know you aren't supposed to expose your smartphone to a ton of water, but it's so annoying that my phone freaks when it comes in contact with rain drops.

any similar experiences or ways to solve the issue?

Maria Brambova
  • Forum posts: 23

Aug 10, 2011, 12:30:24 PM via Website

well, rain drops are warm and soft like finger touch. it's how the technology works. it's very simple.

Jean M.
  • Forum posts: 38

Aug 10, 2011, 12:32:18 PM via Website

no offense, Peter, but this is sort like asking "why doesn't my phone work when I drop on concrete".

you have to be retarded to expose your phone water. why don't you just drop it in the toilet then. i'm sure the phone will be responsive to that.

Peter Long

Aug 10, 2011, 12:39:33 PM via Website

i dont see the harm in asking a perfectly legitimate question. am i supposed go look for shelter if i need to text with my Android while I am walking down the street and its drizzling? i'm just annoyed that with my android touchscreen it doesn't respond to my fingers when i am wearing gloves, but flips out when it rains.

Enrico Melowitz
  • Forum posts: 22

Aug 10, 2011, 12:55:49 PM via Website

all I can say is: life's tough! I've experienced the exact same problem and I don't think there's anything you can do about it. I mean the technology is pretty good, but it's not perfect. So there's really no need to complain here. And you're always welcome to go back to the ancient pretouchscreen days. it's your choice

John Fiscell
  • Forum posts: 25

Aug 10, 2011, 1:00:10 PM via Website

wow some people need to seriously get a life. this is the most pointless discussion ever.

screens aren't perfect and it's better to not expose them to the rain. maybe you should go for those waterproof Android phones if you live in a place where it constantly rains? i don't know. but I think it's a huge issue with Android touchscreen phones being responsive to rain. just use common sense

Marcel Jennings
  • Forum posts: 56

Aug 10, 2011, 1:04:42 PM via Website

oh come one everyone! it's a legitimate concern. i know there's nothing to do about it, but could someone explain the technology behind android touchscreens and their responsiveness to rain, perhaps?

MalenaMi
  • Forum posts: 16

Aug 11, 2011, 1:50:12 AM via Website

Well that's good sensitivity!!!
May be a cover for your phone can fix this problem?

Peter Long

Aug 11, 2011, 10:46:22 AM via Website

maybe, actually. like one of those plastic sticker thingies u mean?

MalenaMi
  • Forum posts: 16

Aug 11, 2011, 1:00:11 PM via Website

I think yes. Something like that.