Viber

• Replies:79
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Oct 24, 2012 10:41:56 AM

Dvoraak
Good move Viber. I'll be installing your app after seeing your willingness to help. Thanks!

We believe it's our duty to help our users out there, in all forums and blogs :)
By the way, the general problem with Amazon (and our servers) has been resolved now, and Viber should be working as usual once more.

Enjoy!

Oct 26, 2012 5:18:22 AM

Well I wanted to install and try it but Google Play says it's not compatible with my Note 10.1. Is it the Note that's the problem or does it just not work with tablets?

— modified on Oct 26, 2012 5:18:41 AM

Oct 26, 2012 6:27:37 PM

Dvoraak
Well I wanted to install and try it but Google Play says it's not compatible with my Note 10.1. Is it the Note that's the problem or does it just not work with tablets?

Viber does not officially support Tablets yet, and so we can't fully guarantee that it would work on all Tablets.

However, in the meantime you can still download Viber from the direct link in our official HelpDesk at http://bit.ly/rqbZEw . Try it out and we would be happy to receive your feedback on how it works on your device so we could improve Viber accordingly.

Oct 28, 2012 11:20:26 AM

Hi Viber,

Love this app! Question, how do I get my profile picture loaded on a Galaxy S3 with firmware 4.0.4?

Cheers.

PS the fully functioning landscape functionality is much appreciated, almost a deal-breaker without it.

Oct 30, 2012 6:01:14 PM

Jason Lewisapit
Hi Viber,

Love this app! Question, how do I get my profile picture loaded on a Galaxy S3 with firmware 4.0.4?

Cheers.

PS the fully functioning landscape functionality is much appreciated, almost a deal-breaker without it.

Thanks for the kind compliments :)

The profile picture, once set when you first register, should appear as your profile picture inside Viber and will appear for your contacts when they view your contact at their Viber. Is this not the case? Have you set the profile pic and it doesn't show up?

Also - did you make sure you are running the latest version of Viber from PlayStore?

Oct 31, 2012 8:27:22 AM

Hey !
I've installed and used Viber for sometime now but lately i haven't been able to hear anyone over viber. I uninstalled and installed it many times tried calling different users, still can't hear any of them. I can make regular phone calls but the problem is only with viber.

any ideas?

Oct 31, 2012 10:29:00 AM

@charmjacket -

Viber itself is totally free, meaning we (Viber) don't charge anything from you.

Since Viber uses the internet, both sides of the conversation must be connected to either WiFi or 3G. If a user is connected to WiFi - that user is not paying anything for sure. If the user is connected to 3G, the user *may* be paying his cell company for the data (about 0.25MB per minute of call), but that depends on the specific data plan that he has with his cellular company, and needs to be verified with them.

* Note that when a user is abroad using the cellular network (and not WiFi), there may be high Roaming charges by your cellular company for the data used.

@Amanda Estephan -

What device exactly are you using? Which version of Android?
Also, are you using a Custom ROM?

Oct 31, 2012 1:33:56 PM

Viber

@Amanda Estephan -

Thanks for the reply
device is samsung GT-I8150
android version: 2.3.6

no custom ROMs what so ever

Nov 2, 2012 8:45:54 PM

Amanda Estephan
Viber

@Amanda Estephan -

Thanks for the reply
device is samsung GT-I8150
android version: 2.3.6

no custom ROMs what so ever

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: http://bit.ly/Hm5k9p
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Nov 4, 2012 8:30:50 PM

Amanda Estephan
Well thank you very much for the reply :)

We did what we could ;)
Thank you for contacting us, and we recommend that you stay tuned for updates and news.

Dec 1, 2012 9:00:21 AM

Hello!
I too find it disturbing that you can't turn off viber. Yes, I can "exit", but I want to exit for not being available trough Viber sometimes. Can you make it possible?
But overall I love this app!

Dec 2, 2012 12:17:26 AM

Kaisa A.
Hello!
I too find it disturbing that you can't turn off viber. Yes, I can "exit", but I want to exit for not being available trough Viber sometimes. Can you make it possible?
But overall I love this app!

Viber fulfils its purpose as being a free "substitute" to the regular cellular communication (with more features and options).
As a communication app, we are obligated to provide our users with a service that is always available to receive calls and text messages. This goes hand-in-hand with our users demands, and their preference for the app.

Meanwhile, we invite you to enter our Feature Request page and post your suggestion there, or join an existing similar suggestion. The more people join on a request, the faster it will become reality :)

You can find it here: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php/Knowledgebase/Article/View/43/9/have-an-idea-for-a-new-feature

Jan 4, 2013 10:26:10 AM

Muhammad Irteza
Iam using Q mobile and network quality is excellent but just in viber other party is listening echo sound..plx help me in fixing this issue

Waiting for ur reply

Hi,

Sometimes 3G reception could be low, and this is something we cannot control. Naturally this affects Viber's call quality and results in disruptions and broken sound.
We are continuously trying to improve our handling of 3G, so you can expect better performance as newer versions of Viber are released.

Meanwhile, WiFi- WiFi calls on Viber should generally be very clear and are free of such disruptions.

* Lastly, please make sure the problem isn't specifically with one contact, by testing Viber with other contacts.

Jan 18, 2013 3:36:28 PM

I m hving Samsung ACE PLUS and I installed Viber on it.
It isnot working fine in the sense that call is made but the tone I get is of busy tone. Even on re ciept of the call, i am not able to take it.
i have reinstalled it but of no use. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Jan 19, 2013 1:58:16 PM

Gl Narayanan
I m hving Samsung ACE PLUS and I installed Viber on it.
It isnot working fine in the sense that call is made but the tone I get is of busy tone. Even on re ciept of the call, i am not able to take it.
i have reinstalled it but of no use. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi,

A few suggestions:

1. Reboot both phones. Please try testing Viber again when connecting to a few different WiFi networks.
2. Please make sure that your device is officially compatible with Viber: http://bit.ly/Hm5k9p
3. Lastly, please make sure that both sides have the latest version of Viber installed.

Did this help?