Viber

• Replies:81
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jan 25, 2013 12:59:17 PM via Website

Unowme Lah
hye!!

will I still be able to use apps viber when there had no phone signal?

Yes.
Viber can work on WiFi as well.

Feb 3, 2013 10:15:37 AM via Website

Aadam Gibson
Viber is working fine in my android device. Ya it's true that it will use lots of battery life.

Please make sure that Viber is the cause for the battery drain by isolating Viber (having no other apps running) on a device with stock ROM (custom ROMs may cause this problem).

We conduct strict testings in our labs with several devices and other than when making a call (when it is natural for the battery to be used), we did not come across any significant battery drain when Viber was simply running in the background. Furthermore, over the course of over 15 hours, on average the battery use was only 2%.

You can find additional information on tests performed by Viber users themselves, which show similar results, at:
http://whrl.pl/Rc0APn

Feb 5, 2013 9:21:18 AM via Website

Droid Developer
Does Viber work well on 2g ?

Viber officially supports WiFi or 3G only, but we recommend that you still test Viber on 2G and see if it works for you.

Feb 5, 2013 6:44:48 PM via Website

Viber
Droid Developer
Does Viber work well on 2g ?

Viber officially supports WiFi or 3G only, but we recommend that you still test Viber on 2G and see if it works for you.

Ok . I will test and report .

Feb 8, 2013 3:30:11 PM via Website

new to Viber and have been using for text / pic messages etc and found very good

However i find voice calls to have a bit of echo and time delay and therefore a bit naff.
What would effect this ? Speed of wi.fi ? is there a recommended min speed ?

Was calling a person in the UK whilst i am also in the UK...Both connected to virgin media with a wifi speed in excess 30 mbps ?

My main concern is this going to be a problem when i visit the USA ina few weeks and want to call back home ?

hoping you can help

Feb 10, 2013 4:22:23 PM via Website

Darren Bird
new to Viber and have been using for text / pic messages etc and found very good

However i find voice calls to have a bit of echo and time delay and therefore a bit naff.
What would effect this ? Speed of wi.fi ? is there a recommended min speed ?

Was calling a person in the UK whilst i am also in the UK...Both connected to virgin media with a wifi speed in excess 30 mbps ?

My main concern is this going to be a problem when i visit the USA ina few weeks and want to call back home ?

hoping you can help

Hi there,

Sometimes 3G reception could be low, and this is something we cannot control. Naturally this affects Viber's call quality and results in disruptions and broken sound.
We are continuously trying to improve our handling of 3G, so you can expect better performance as newer versions of Viber are released.

Please note that having full 3G reception doesn't mean your internet's bandwidth is at the maximum expected. When you see a "full reception bar", it merely means that physically, your phone is covered with the cellular signal.

When it comes to the bandwidth itself, your connection could still be slow due to various different reasons, such as being in an area with many other users from the same provider, thus congesting the network.

Meanwhile, WiFi- WiFi calls on Viber should generally be very clear and are free of such disruptions. Have you tested Viber when both sides are trying a few different WiFi networks?

Feb 11, 2013 2:14:37 PM via Website

Hi, I have Viber and generally it works well.

A friend recently created a Group that included me; there are 8 persons in the group and all of them are in my Contacts and their names display when they message me individually. However all but 2 of the group members show as 'Unknown' when they message the group. Does anyone know why this would be, and what can I do about it? I have tried to delete one of the accounts and enter it again, but it makes no difference.

Many thanks

Feb 14, 2013 12:57:34 PM via Website

Ian Simmons
Hi, I have Viber and generally it works well.

A friend recently created a Group that included me; there are 8 persons in the group and all of them are in my Contacts and their names display when they message me individually. However all but 2 of the group members show as 'Unknown' when they message the group. Does anyone know why this would be, and what can I do about it? I have tried to delete one of the accounts and enter it again, but it makes no difference.

Many thanks

Hi,

Do all of these contacts have the latest version of Viber installed?

Feb 14, 2013 3:37:38 PM via Website

Yes, they have all just downloaded it on the recommendation of the person who created the group,
and whose name appears without any problem.

Thanks

Feb 16, 2013 7:37:17 AM via Website

Ian Simmons
Yes, they have all just downloaded it on the recommendation of the person who created the group,
and whose name appears without any problem.

Thanks

Thank you for the report of the problem.

We kindly ask that you take a minute and report the details of the problem to our support team using this direct link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0 (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

Feb 16, 2013 4:17:43 PM via Website

Alex Irwin
Has anyone tried this Viber app and been pleased? The reception for me has been really bad. And the fact that so few people are on it is kind of a bummer, too. I don't know...what do you think?

Its the Excellent app ....

i tried & downloaded from Latest free app ::

warun(dot)org

Feb 23, 2013 11:51:51 AM via Website

I've tried to use "EXIT" and yes it does stop the application.
But once if I send or receive a text message, viber self launches and I've to EXIT the app again. Already tried disabling the "reply with viber when possible".
No luck yet.
Any solution to this?

Feb 24, 2013 9:02:32 AM via Website

Aruchiid Alii
I've tried to use "EXIT" and yes it does stop the application.
But once if I send or receive a text message, viber self launches and I've to EXIT the app again. Already tried disabling the "reply with viber when possible".
No luck yet.
Any solution to this?

Viber acts a free "substitute" to your cellular services. As such, if you choose to exit it, it literally IS closed, but it does reappear only when there is an incoming Viber call or text message. This behavior cannot be turned off, since it will defeat the purpose of the service that we provide ;) This is how it is designed, in order to guarantee that it stays available for calls and text messages. Otherwise the purpose of the app is quite lost, no? ;)

Feb 25, 2013 10:03:56 AM via Website

Hi there, I was using Viber on my phone but the day before yesterday I tried to open the app and the only thing I get is a black screen, it stays like that for five to ten seconds and then it goes back to the main screen, nothing happens... I already tried to uninstall the app and reinstall it (and when I do so I get the "enter your phone number" screen) but I keep suffering the same issue.
Any clues on the matter?
Thanks!

Feb 25, 2013 2:56:47 PM via Website

Even I experianced the same... When I sit and talk near my Wi Fi router, it says "low singal" and when I sit away from it but within range it shows "excellent singnal" with poor sound quality... planning to uninstall it !!