How do I protect my phone from water...

• Replies:12
Miranda Endhoven
  • Forum posts: 7

Aug 17, 2011, 4:29:15 PM via Website

So I'm thinking about getting a Galaxy S but I'm a bit paranoid. My last phone was a crappy sony ericsson and it died when I got caught out in the rain. It was in my jacket pocket and got a little damp when my coat soaked through but not directly wet. In any case I couldn't start the thing up the next morning and they told me at the store it was because I had gotten the thing wet. Now that I have to drop so much money on a good phone I worried it might happen again. Whats the best way to protect my phone from something similar?

Ryan
  • Forum posts: 146

Sep 27, 2011, 10:25:47 AM via Website

Humm what about a silicone case, that should help

— modified on Sep 27, 2011, 10:26:13 AM

Alex Jagolny
  • Forum posts: 32

Sep 27, 2011, 10:30:13 AM via Website

I'd def. go for some kind of case out of an artifical material. Silicon would be good or even leather should over decent protection. Really its just about getting a couple mm of extra protection on your Android device and that should be the different between a working phone and a brick.

Georgia Rose Greer
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 2, 2011, 1:54:18 AM via App

Someone told me to put my wet phone in a plastic bag with white rice for 24 to 48 hours and the rice will wik out all the moisture. :)

Abdul Maluf
  • Forum posts: 18

Oct 5, 2011, 4:24:29 AM via App

simple,stop taking it to the lavatory :p

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Oct 5, 2011, 9:54:55 AM via Website

Haha that might help solve inner-house water damage but I have to admit I've had the same problem with a couple old phones of mine and I didn't talke them to the bathroom with me. But after losing my 3rd Nokia in a lake while boating I discovered something kinda funny. When number 3 fell out of my pocket ( I was in a paddle boat at the time) I grabed my girlfriends cell and gave mine a call. And you know what? I'll be damed if I couldn't see the faint glow of the screen shining up from the bottem of the lake. Apparently, Nokia's can still function in 10 meters of water. Who knew?

Brandon Martin
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 16, 2011, 8:25:37 PM via Website

You guys know by now these smart phones aren't cheap and they do deserve right kind of protection. Especially walking around with them in and out of your hands all day. The first drop could ruin that phone entirely and you don't want to pay the $100 deductible to replace that. The best solution by far are thee otterbox cases! I have a unlimited stock for all android phones posted at www. otterbox4phones.com . I happened to notice that the Galaxy Nexus will be out soon and I will be looking forward to getting an otterbox cases for that as well. if you are interested please visit my site and leave a comment to post that case and I will get that to you asap! Until then feel free to browse the site to look at everything else we have to offer.

Abdul Maluf

Feb 11, 2012, 2:30:50 PM via App

bad day for me, my xperia mini's dead!! :'( I flipped her into my pool today morning. :-(
I should have left her in my backpack. I'm sorry,but You've helped me a lot for the past two years with my work and studies.thank-you mini.ill miss you.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 13, 2012, 2:34:11 PM via Website

That sucks man. Same thing happened years ago to me with my mobile phone+too much alcohol+the toilet+gravity
Was a sad day indeed...

Abdul Maluf

Feb 14, 2012, 6:40:53 PM via App

oh how many phones die everyday cos of our carelessness.so sad ey?

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Feb 15, 2012, 2:48:51 PM via Website

some devices can dry - take out the battery and leave on a heater or in the sun--- You might get luck and it may work again. this has worked for me fo my HTC Magic a couple of years ago

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 15, 2012, 3:06:44 PM via Website

Christopher Silva
some devices can dry - take out the battery and leave on a heater or in the sun--- You might get luck and it may work again. this has worked for me fo my HTC Magic a couple of years ago

True. If your quick enough you have like a 5 minute window to save it. Unfortunately that didnt work for mine, as I was too drunk and not quick enough when it happened to me a few years ago. :(