Mac and Samsung Galaxy S2

• Replies:44
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Aug 3, 2012 4:34:20 PM

Why can't I open Odin on a Mac. I am not a computer genius but I can follow simple directions and I have done that but once I get to the part to open Odin so I can root nothing happens. HELP!

Aug 27, 2012 2:13:34 AM

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I love it until today. I recorded a video with my phone yesterday. I uploaded it to my Mac computer so i can edit with Final Cut Pro 10. The video files uploaded in a mp4 format but the Mac nor Final Cut will recognize and play the video. PLEASE HELP its driving me nuts !

Nov 8, 2012 12:05:04 PM

Neil - THANK YOU for the step-by step instruction, I don't know why people leave obscure three-word answers like 'You need Kies' or 'It's under USB connections' when this question arises. I've spent the last hour trying to work this out and now I finally know. Thanks again!!

Nov 9, 2012 11:42:43 PM

Hi Steve,
Thanks for suggesting the debugging as well in order to get to the step ¨no name¨ file appearing on my desktop. Thanks a bunch for your help. I was getting desperate!

— modified on Nov 9, 2012 11:57:11 PM

Nov 9, 2012 11:55:42 PM

THANK YOU NEIL,

I HAD LOST MY SLEEP FOR DAYS ON END TRYING TO FIGURE HOW TO DOWNLOAD MY PHOTOS FROM MY SAMSUNG S2 TO MY MACBOOK. HAVE TRIED MANY TRICKS SUGGESTED ON INTERNET. NONE WORKED. YOUR STEPS WERE EASY AND CLEAR TO FOLLOW. BUT THEN I HAD TO TO THE DEBUG THING WHICH I FOUND ON ANOTHER FOLLOW UP ANSWER.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR CONTRIBUTION.

Dec 11, 2012 12:56:51 PM

Steven, not exactly sure how the whole debugging thing works - barring the obvious terminology... but it really did work! thanks.

In my case and for some reason, all the debugging seemed to do is not allow me to even connect the phone, to say, iPhoto. But then when I went and repeated the 9 steps, as if by magic, my phone which has been a pain in the arse for several months came back to life.

To explain the problem I had for anyone reading this:

I'd been using the 9 steps methodology from day 1 and never had an issue for a year. Then suddenly out of the blue when I connected in the normal manner I was able to get to stage 9; all of the .jpg files appeared but the additional visual image to assist with my selection process didn't; finally when I selected any photos and attempted to transfer across nothing happened! It gave some technical jargon about unreadable files or something and then automatically shut down.

All I can say is this debugging thing worked for me and I am truly grateful

Dec 19, 2012 3:05:38 PM

Neil
Steps for transferring pictures and videos to your mac from your] -

1. Open settings

2. Click on ' Wireless and Network '

3. Now click on ' USB utilities'

4. Click on ' Connect storage to PC '

After performing these steps, a window pops up asking you to connect USB cable to use mass storage.

DO NOT CLICK ON CANCEL.

5. Connect the transfer cable to mac.

The screen should now show ' USB connected'

6. Click on the ' connect USB storage ' button at the bottom of the screen.

A folder called ' NO NAME ' should show up on your desktop.

7. Open folder called ' NO NAME ' on desktop.

8. Open ' DCIM '

9. Open ' Camera '

You can copy the photos and videos from here or import them to iPhoto.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!:-)

Dec 26, 2012 4:27:17 PM

Boy are you in for a treat...So i am such as yourself a swapper from iphone 3g, the S2 i a beast in terms of speed costumizing acessiblity, but it really sucks on syncing music im on a macbook pro by the way, i have figured out how to correct the color via screen adjuster but music has been an uphill battle,

ive tried doubletwist which as a player is really good, but when you sync it the mac software gets buggy and eventually stops syncing
ive treied kies which if you have patience to move albums one by one and when they turn up the album is split into 2 folders.
isyncr only does 20 a bunch unless you buy th software,

i was seeking answers now for how to acess my root foolder to add it as usb on a macbook, if anyone could help me out with this i would be really grateful.

i just need to sync my itunes music playlist it shouldnt be that hard (or so i thought).

Jan 4, 2013 3:41:44 PM

Eric; as 4 Michelle Anderson's post, title of this forum thread would suggest that it's Mac.
Neil; TY 4 ur step-by-step :grin:

— modified on Jan 4, 2013 11:28:55 PM

Jan 26, 2013 4:21:47 AM

This worked perfectly for me, thanks.

Does anyone know if there is a way to access deleted files?

I deleted some pictures which I erroneously thought had synched with Google+, so was hoping there would be a way to navigate to a Trash folder or something to find those as well.

Any advice here (that doesn't cost a lot of money) would be greatly appreciated!

Neil
Steps for transferring pictures and videos to your mac from your Samsung Galaxy S2 -

1. Open settings

2. Click on ' Wireless and Network '

3. Now click on ' USB utilities'

4. Click on ' Connect storage to PC '

After performing these steps, a window pops up asking you to connect USB cable to use mass storage.

DO NOT CLICK ON CANCEL.

5. Connect the transfer cable to mac.

The screen should now show ' USB connected'

6. Click on the ' connect USB storage ' button at the bottom of the screen.

A folder called ' NO NAME ' should show up on your desktop.

7. Open folder called ' NO NAME ' on desktop.

8. Open ' DCIM '

9. Open ' Camera '

You can copy the photos and videos from here or import them to iPhoto.

Jan 29, 2013 3:41:32 AM

Hi,
I need further help. I have the Galaxy S II. I do not see the USB option when I go to settings - wireless and network. My wireless and network show: Wi_fi, 4g, bluetooth, data and the second page shows Airplane mode, Kies via wi-fi (which I do not have in the area where my computer is located...it used an ethernet connection, VPN, Tethering, Wi-Fi direct, mobile networks and lastly Roaming. But no USB. Help! Where am I going wrong?

Feb 3, 2013 2:55:23 AM

OK...what am I doing wrong??
I've read all the instructions about downloading photos from my Samsung Galaxy SII epic to my Mac (iPhoto.)
My problem is that when I go to "settings" on my phone, the"wireless and network" settings come up and I do not have an option for "USB utilities." My options under "wireless and network" are:
wi-fi, 4G settings,, bluetooth, data usage, airplane mode, kies via wi-fi, vpn, tethering, wi-fi direct, mobile networks and roaming.
I'll really appreciate any help you can give me!
And please keep in mind that I'm a beginner with all this. :P

Apr 24, 2013 1:32:46 AM

I found the solution, and it worked for me! Since I cannot post a link to an external site here, I'll just tell you to go to the android.com site and add "/filetransfer" at the end of the URL. This site is specific to mac users, since you wouldn't need special software for this task if you had Windows.

This will allow you to download software from android.com to transfer your photos and anything else you need transferred. After I downloaded the software to my mac, I connected my phone to my mac via a USB cable, and I could see my phone's hard drive in my Finder window. Then I just dragged and dropped my files from my phone to my mac. Note: My photos were NOT in the 'photos' or 'pictures' folder. They were under the DCIM folder.

I'm no longer frustrated! I hope this information helps others.

— modified on Apr 24, 2013 1:37:15 AM