Shooting a shot film on an Android like Freddie Wong

• Replies:6
Zumaya Galaxy
  • Forum posts: 36

Sep 14, 2011, 4:07:56 PM via Website

Hi all,

I was watching Freddie Wongs lattest short that he mentioned that they shot the whole short film on a Galaxy S II. My question is, is the video really that high qualitiy that you can eaisly shoot something like that? Did they have to alter the phone to get images of that quality because I cant really believe they could pull off something like that. I want to go to film school later so would it be a good idea to get one of these phones first to pratice?

thanks for the help!

Alex Jagolny
  • Forum posts: 32

Sep 14, 2011, 5:00:44 PM via Website

Im not sure if its worth droping the money just for the camera. I mean they have good camears but if your going to spend $500 just for a camera why not get a real one? The prices have to be similar dont they?

Guilbert McEwans
  • Forum posts: 15

Sep 14, 2011, 5:07:27 PM via Website

IM going to go ahead and disagree. The cameras are great and shoot in full HD. You can't beat that for the money. Granted they are much better then most amaturs so don't expect to get anything nearly as good out of it unless you have some major post-production chops but the cameras cant be beat.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Sep 14, 2011, 5:38:25 PM via Website

My 2 cents: Yes the cameras are great and would be the main factor for me picking up one of the phones. You can do some really impressive stuff with the handsets but to get results like Freddie Wong you need some serious post prodution skills. But as a former film student Ill tell you there is nothing wrong with practicing as much as possible. If its really your dream go for it but don't expect the world just because you have a cool phone with a decent camera. Do your research, put your time in and eventually something will come of it.

arikoy15
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 16, 2013, 6:49:26 AM via App

Zumaya Galaxy
Hi all,

I was watching Freddie Wongs lattest short that he mentioned that they shot the whole short film on a Galaxy S II. My question is, is the video really that high qualitiy that you can eaisly shoot something like that? Did they have to alter the phone to get images of that quality because I cant really believe they could pull off something like that. I want to go to film school later so would it be a good idea to get one of these phones first to pratice?

thanks for the help!

Daniel Jones
  • Forum posts: 105

May 31, 2013, 9:53:35 AM via Website

If the phone camera is capable of capturing Full HD videos then you can shoot short films from it, but I will not recommend it for professional purposes.

I am Daniel Jones, Working with Kiwitech as app developer. I enjoy exploring apps on various mobile platforms.

Devaspora
  • Forum posts: 10

Jun 11, 2013, 6:29:33 PM via Website

Well it isn't tough these days with phones coming in 1080p 30 fps video capabilities. And FW is a very talented person.