Navitel Pegusus

• Replies:3
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Sep 19, 2011 1:58:40 PM

I've never used it before but giving the stats a cursory look I'd have to say this is def. not a top of the line device so it really depends on what you want to do with the tab. If you're looking for a basic web tablet for multimedia and web browsing then it isn't bad but your not going to be able to run high-end apps or use this as a long-term computer replacement. If its cheap where you are, there certainly isn't anything to say don't pic this up to realize that you are going in for a discount model. </ my 2 cents>

Sep 20, 2011 1:11:06 AM

Thanks for your coment.
I'm quite new to the Android tablet world, what makes this a low end device? The new processor? the Android version, or is just a lack of features compared to a more expensive tablet?
I'm looking to get some thing that my children can use for educational purposes (the are 3 and 5 yo) to help with literacy and Math that my partner and I can also use while the other is on our PC.

— modified on Dec 21, 2011 5:54:53 PM by moderator

Sep 20, 2011 4:58:49 PM

If that's what you shooting for I think it would be a good fit. It's specs aren't steller (I was looking at the spec sheet below). It has a slower processor and older version of the Android OS. Currently, you wouldn't get a tech geek to fall in love with the thing but that doesn't mean its a bad device by any means–there is always something newer and better on the market. If the price is right (like I said I don't know where you are or what the normal tab prices are) but if you can get it for a decent price, it should more then meet the needs of parents look to extend the educational options of their children. I would also recomend getting a cheaper tablet if you are going to be letting children use it because, well, you'll probably not be as dissapointed if they trash a $300 device as opposed to a $900.

Display: 10" IPS Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen
Resolution: 1024 x 768 Pixel
Processor: Freescale i.MX515 CPU (new processor)
Memory: 512MB DDR2
Storage Capacity: 8GB Flash Drive
Network Connectivity: Wi-Fi; Bluetooth
WCDMA 900/1800/2100MHz (optional)
Operating System: Android 2.2 Froyo (Support Android Market), upgradable to Android 3.2 Honeycomb
Interface
- 1 x 3.5mm Headphones Interface
- 1 x USB2.0 Host Interface
- 1 x MicroSD slots
Video Format: Support AVI, MKV, 3GP, RM, RMVB
Office Suits: Word Viewer, Excel Viewer, Powerpoint Viewer, PDF Viewer, Image Viewer, Microsoft Wordpad, Microsoft SpreadExcel
Battery Capacity: 3800mAh Li-Ion Battery
Other Features: Support TF/microSD Card up to 32GB
Color: Black face, Silver back
Gross Weight: 1.45Kg

— modified on Dec 21, 2011 5:55:21 PM by moderator