Can Android play mpeg 2 movies?

• Replies:15
Lilly Righteous
  • Forum posts: 14

Sep 28, 2011, 4:01:16 PM via Website

I have a digital tv recorder and it rcoreds a couple of TV shows for me in MPEG 2 format .TS I can play the files on my computer with windows media players but I can't see to get it to work on my ChaCha... anyone have an idea how I can get the files to work on my Android phone with out haveing to do something crazy with the handset?

Ryan
  • Forum posts: 146

Sep 28, 2011, 4:14:41 PM via Website

as far as I know android phones can play:

MP3, AAC, AAC+, AMR, M4A, MID, OGG, WMA, WAV, AVI, MP4, 3GP, WMV, (DivX, XviD)

Chacha can play: MP3, AAC, AAC+, AMR, M4A, MID, OGG, WMA, WAV, MP4, 3GP, WMV

But you could convert the files with "Nero" or some other Software for you PC to a file your ChaCha actually can play :)

Deactivated Account

Marshall Harris
  • Forum posts: 18

Sep 28, 2011, 4:28:08 PM via Website

@ryan I've used snowfox before and its a good app but you need to know a little bit about film conversion to get it to work right and film conversaion is an art for itself.

Another option would be to use the VLC beta player as it can run almost any video format on any Android Phone. Its still a rough beta but its a good piece of software and it should do the trip until the full release comes out.

Arthur Cushman
  • Forum posts: 22

Sep 28, 2011, 4:50:27 PM via Website

I would also recoment you look at VLC. its been my go-to player for years on my computer and the Android translation works liek charm.

Ramesh Rai
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 24, 2012, 4:37:49 PM via Website

it depends on whether android has build in functionality of mpeg 2, for technical side you may want to read about mpeg encoder decoder. i hope it helps

Ramesh Rai

Mar 24, 2012, 4:37:51 PM via Website

it depends on whether android has build in functionality of mpeg 2, for technical side you may want to read about mpeg encoder decoder. i hope it helps

Wondershare player
  • Forum posts: 5

May 14, 2012, 2:27:12 PM via Website

wondershare player may help you

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 14, 2012, 4:08:58 PM via Website

MX video player can play just about everyting. Great app, and its free! -_-

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 32

Dec 8, 2012, 5:06:06 PM via Website

Eric McBride
MX video player can play just about everyting. Great app, and its free! -_-
Yep, MxPlayer is very good, it can play many file formats

Satheesh Kumar
  • Forum posts: 20

Dec 16, 2012, 6:08:22 AM via Website

Try to play with Rock Player.

Geoffrey S.
  • Forum posts: 25

Jan 7, 2013, 12:41:24 AM via App

MX Player is free. It will play .mp4 and .mpeg files. I have played many others successfully. I don't know for sure if it'll play .mpeg 2 files, but download and give it a try anyway. Completely free and plays stuff the stock player can't. Definitely worthwhile having it on your device if you have the memory spare for it. B-)

Rock Denim
  • Forum posts: 6

Jan 10, 2013, 6:54:12 AM via Website

Not sure about mpeg2, but .m2ts cannot play (on this or any other mobile that I'm aware of).

mobiletechehlp

May 19, 2019, 4:02:11 PM via Website

IF you get the following erros for security breaches then if it may relate to these conversion problems ? maybe then i'd recommend you to look for solutions related to helps provided so Download Samsung FRP Tools - techeligible.com/2018/10/22/samsung-frp-bypass-tools/ , in case if you have samsung mobile.

pradeep_gupta
  • Forum posts: 17

May 27, 2019, 10:03:13 AM via Website

Yes, You need to download a player having mpeg codec in it. I would suggest MX Player, been using it since ages.

Mark as helpful if this helps.

KKMIN
  • Forum posts: 10

Mar 31, 2020, 12:56:49 PM via Website

As I know that TS is an old digital format that is not very compatible with the current devices. If you want to play it on your Android phone, you better use some online or offline Joyoshare Video Converter to convert TS to MP4.