upgrade from android 2.2 to honeycomb

• Replies:5
Georgia Rose Greer
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 2, 2011, 1:20:32 AM via App

I have a mid8006 tablet android 2.2. I want to know if it's possible to upgrade to honeycomb. And would need step by step instruction on how to. I'm new to andriods as well as tablets. I've always used windows in my phones and pc's. What brought me to purchase it was I wanted an e-reader, but wanted it to do more than read books. Now that I have it, I'm looking for a program that is comparable to Mobipocket. My vision has problems and I liked the way it let you change fonts, sizes and font and background colors.

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Oct 4, 2011, 11:26:47 AM via Website

Hi Georgia,

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to install Honeycomb on your device without rooting it and I'm having a hard time finding any information about rooting it.

I would try installing all the free eBook readers you can (ebooks by Kobo, Reader by Sony, Kindle, Cool Reader, Aldiko) until you find one that a) fits your operating system and b) allows you to change font size.

Hope this helps a bit,

s

Ane Green
  • Forum posts: 5

Oct 14, 2011, 3:46:24 AM via Website

So, did Google release the source code of Android 3.0 or +? If not, I'm 'afraid it's hard to upgrade regular tablets to 3.0 or + from manufacturers who don't have license agreement with Google.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Oct 14, 2011, 11:12:16 AM via Website

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, they did that back in July.

Peter Fuzz
  • Forum posts: 7

Nov 2, 2011, 9:14:18 PM via Website

If you want to root yout tablet then go to one the forums that deal in that sort of thing, such as these:
http://hch.net.tc/ this site has ROM updates that can give you a "Honeycomb Look" if that is what you want
http://www.slatedroid.com/forum

however there is a huge number of types of the MID (Chinese) tablets & in my experience you need to be very careful and have a bit of technical knowledge about Android. I don't and couldn't understand most of the stuff.

sachin godbharle
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 21, 2011, 11:41:47 AM via App

Yes upgrade from android 2.2 to honeycomb