Google Galaxy Nexus — Are you impressed or let down by the Samsung Galaxy Nexus?

• Replies:8
Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Oct 21, 2011, 5:22:27 PM via Website

With all the new features of the Galaxy Nexus announced (including a completely revamped UI, new features like Android Beam and Face Recognition) are you feeling impressed or let down by this new phone? I know many people were hoping for some sort of Siri-replacement or maybe some feature that beams you to mars, but I've been impressed by what I've seen so far. What about you?

Sam Buchbinder
  • Forum posts: 71

Oct 21, 2011, 5:51:20 PM via Website

I love everything: the font, the new lockscreen, the design, the refreshed calendar app, the fact that you can now search emails while offline, the face recognition, fast camera...yeah. It's love. Even the camera zoom is better.

— modified on Dec 20, 2011, 5:09:42 PM by moderator

Preston McGovern
  • Forum posts: 19

Oct 21, 2011, 9:55:43 PM via App

I'm liking the new things like face recognition, fast camera etc though i'm a little disappointed a few of the features they deem as "new"can already be done on my sensation.

To me the nexus could easily be a sensation with Sense 3.1 (new look etc) and a few new apps. Does the nexus add anything more under the hood to set it apart? Can't remember the tech specs atm.

— modified on Oct 21, 2011, 9:56:30 PM

Preston McGovern

Oct 26, 2011, 7:34:39 AM via App

That looks pretty awesome for a 5mp camera, gonna have to go out and check this Sensations 8mp 1080p camera can do better. At least it should lol.

Steven Blum

Oct 26, 2011, 10:33:00 AM via Website

@Preston: Megapixels definitely aren't everything. You've also got to have a good light sensor. The Galaxy Nexus camera has a lot going for it. Other than that, it's got Android Beam, GPS lock-on, Face Recognition and a completely re-vamped OS. I think it's worth the hype.

Preston McGovern

Oct 27, 2011, 7:16:04 AM via App

What's this GPS lock on your talking about?

Steven Blum

Oct 27, 2011, 11:55:12 AM via Website

@Preston...

The Galaxy Nexus contains a barometer which measures how high up you are, which is an important factor for locking-on to GPS signals. For a more complete explanation, check out this post I wrote:

https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/blog/398966/The-Galaxy-Nexus-Will-Come-with-a-Barometer-But-Not-for-Measuring-the-Weather

Preston McGovern

Nov 1, 2011, 2:39:34 PM via App

Steve it appears you're big post has vanished lol :(