Google Galaxy Nexus — This Phone is Too Big!

• Replies:24
Sam Buchbinder
  • Forum posts: 71

Nov 1, 2011, 6:16:58 PM via Website

Am I the only one concerned about the size of this phone? It's nearly a third of an inch longer and 2.5mm wider than my Droid X. Hopefully the phone's curves and thin profile will make it look smaller than it really is.

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Nov 8, 2011, 5:30:08 PM via Website

I know! Phones have been getting insanely large this year. Check out this chart for some perspective:

https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/blog/399420/Charting-Rise-in-Phone-Size-Won-t-Someone-Please-Think-of-the-Pockets

Also, here's a site that can allow you to compare the size of the Nexus to other phones on the market:

https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/blog/399428/An-Excellent-Site-for-Comparing-Phone-Sizes

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Nov 10, 2011, 2:30:34 AM via App

I'm all for the larger Handsets.. I use my phone mostly to play, surf the web, text, music etc then I ever do to talk... so the 4"+ screen is perfect for my needs. I currently have the HTC Incredible and I am looking forward the the bigger screen on the upcoming HTC Rezound.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Nov 10, 2011, 11:03:30 AM via Website

I'm with jay. I like the display on my Xperia Play but I would trade it for the Galaxy Note any day of the week. In terms of screen size the bigger the better in my book.

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Mar 16, 2012, 11:13:24 AM via Website

I don't think the phone is too large. It pockets really easily. The only somewhat annoying factor is that it's hard to reach around it sometimes which can lead to some fumbling...and dropping...

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Mar 16, 2012, 1:49:33 PM via Website

I would love to have the Note ,, Bigger is better

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Mar 20, 2012, 3:22:04 PM via Website

I think the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is the PERFECT phone size. Love the design on that phone.

I also really like the size of my HTC Sensation. Feels like a Nexus One (also a great size) but has a bigger screen due to its clever design.

yevanliang
  • Forum posts: 5

May 14, 2012, 5:33:00 AM via Website

to play videos on this phone is very nice:grin:

Eric McBride

May 14, 2012, 4:24:49 PM via Website

If you don't like the Galaxy Nexus screen, then you won't like the Galaxy S3 screen either. Its a hair bigger than the Nexus screen. :blink:

tracy macgrady
  • Forum posts: 12

May 15, 2012, 4:33:53 AM via Website

Yes ,if you don't like big screen ,you can choose another phone, Samsung is making its phone bigger and bigger.

yuesir
  • Forum posts: 2

May 15, 2012, 8:49:21 AM via Website

yes and that's why I refuse it for it's just a litter hard to put it in my pocket !

utley dodger
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 10, 2012, 1:06:45 PM via Website

Thanks Steven for sharing informative material..........

— modified on Jul 11, 2012, 4:22:47 PM by moderator

Droid Org
  • Forum posts: 9

Aug 8, 2012, 12:11:08 PM via Website

I believe as bigger the phone is, as more better the screen quality is. The phone looks amazing. The quality of the graphics on it are just too good. Bigger in size doesnt matters as the look of it is awesome too.

Eric McBride

Aug 14, 2012, 4:23:25 PM via Website

I got rid of my Sensation and now have a Galaxy Nexus, and I LOVE IT. Screen size is perfect in my eyes.

Easily the best phone I ever owned.

bayberry
  • Forum posts: 24

Aug 18, 2012, 5:00:04 AM via Website

I consider the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is the perfect size of the phone.Like the design of the phone, big screen seems to feel, pictures look clear:rolleyes:

mikearnill
  • Forum posts: 14

Sep 1, 2012, 10:56:58 AM via Website

Heard many rumours about it, I am kind of excited about it. I have heard that it do have damn big screen, simple user controls, lovely design and many other cool features. I guess this will take mobile race forward.

zhoucy
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 20, 2012, 3:17:50 PM via Website

Samsung some big, I changed Xiaomi M1s Smart Phone

Helen Jones
  • Forum posts: 10

Nov 30, 2012, 10:33:33 AM via Website

Personally I think the Nexus is perfect, the Note is huge though, but a lot of people like those too.

ISA Nexus
  • Forum posts: 21

Dec 27, 2012, 9:37:20 PM via Website

its a good size

Lulu L
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 12, 2013, 1:33:17 AM via Website

I would get used to it, as large HD screens are definitely becoming the norm these days. The standard flagship handset today are 5 inch 1080p resolution displays. Samsung even announced their new mid-ranged phones that has a whopping 6.3 inch screen. Era of the phablet, it is.

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

Apr 15, 2013, 3:57:58 PM via Website

I agree... not too big. I don't think I'm really a Note 2 or Samsung's new Megas sort of person, but my Nexus 4 is a super size. Very usable, but still a phone, not a tablet I hold up to my head. :)

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Anna Harris
  • Forum posts: 41

May 2, 2013, 2:54:10 PM via Website

I like to use a phone with bigger screen & light weight, and this phone have both the features. So, its good for me.

Justin Green
  • Forum posts: 5

May 20, 2013, 8:11:35 AM via Website

It is clear to watch movies on it.

Alicelewis
  • Forum posts: 10

Feb 22, 2014, 3:58:12 PM via Website

I have used this , and i also noticed that this phone is too big , but if we see the size of mobile , body or every thing then i think as a size this is perfect for use. because its have many great qualities in this , specially his screen themes , , sound , Cam pixels . this phone looks amazing. The quality of the graphics on it are just too good. Bigger in size doesn't matters as the look of it is awesome too.

elainekkkkk
  • Forum posts: 32

Dec 28, 2016, 9:32:56 AM via Website

I would like to watch videos on a bigger screen lol:D
but it is not so convinient to carry a big thing:'(

Karolina Miller