Internal Storage Problems

• Replies:2
Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Nov 17, 2011, 2:43:05 AM via Website

Anyone else get an error when downloading apps, about 1/2 the time it says "Storage not available". I was looking around and I have gigabytes of free space on both the internal storage and the sd card. So I tried formatting the internal storage, and the phone hangs on unmounting the internal storage. I wasn't able to get it to unmount and format the internal storage... There's some type of problem with the bionics internal storage I think.

I tried a factory reset, and it seemed to fix the problem for a while, I was able to unmount the internal storage and format it after the reset. But now I'm getting the market errors again. Sometimes when I download apps it says "Storage not available" after a few trys it will finally install the app usually.

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Nov 17, 2011, 10:12:13 AM via Website

If you've tried moving many apps to the SD card and if you've already re-formatted the phone, it might be time to try rooting it? That'd allow you to remove whatever Motorola firmware might be still stuck on your phone.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Nov 27, 2011, 5:18:19 AM via Website

Steven Blum
If you've tried moving many apps to the SD card and if you've already re-formatted the phone, it might be time to try rooting it? That'd allow you to remove whatever Motorola firmware might be still stuck on your phone.

You may be right Steven. I've searched around forums and there seems to be a bug in the software for the bionics internal storage. Think I'll wait to see if ICS update fixes it before rooting though.