Please help me with an app (US related)

• Replies:7
coreoil
  • Forum posts: 7

Nov 22, 2011, 9:21:05 AM via Website

Hi!

I'm not sure if my newly developed app can be seen in the android market.
I have developed an app similar to GasBuddy, but with more accurate data und more sophisticated features,
so I guess that some people could be interested in this app. But I currently received 0 Downloads and so I thought
the likelihood is high, that it can't be seen in the market. Please, be so kind an check in the android market from a
US provider whether it can be seen if you search for "FuelHound" or "Cheap Gas Prices".
Thanks for your help.

Best wishes

Christian

PS:No, this should be no lousy commercial, I just want to see if it's visible. Thanks.

— modified on Nov 22, 2011, 9:21:29 AM

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Nov 22, 2011, 10:13:48 AM via Website

If the name of the app is FuelHound, my search did not come up with anything.

Have you tried uploading it to the AndroidPIT App Center? That would let me take a closer look at the app.

coreoil

Nov 22, 2011, 10:20:57 AM via Website

Thanks for your help. I'll upload it ... Damn, I have no clue why it does not appear on Android Market.

coreoil

Nov 22, 2011, 11:13:40 AM via Website

Uploaded it a few minutes ago.

— modified on Nov 22, 2011, 11:14:31 AM

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Nov 22, 2011, 11:55:01 AM via Website

Cool! Yeah, it's definitely on our store! Looks pretty good, but I am not the US at the moment :(((

coreoil

Nov 22, 2011, 12:41:56 PM via Website

Thanks, no problem I also test outside the US with the Places or Route option so there is no GPS needed.

Can please somebody else verify that it's not visible? Maybe the problem is carrier related ...
Thanks.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Nov 23, 2011, 11:16:22 AM via Website

I'm currently not in the US either but I dailed into my proxy back home and looked Fuelhound up in the market and found it without an issue so it should be visiable to us consumers. I'd imagine the turn around in the Android Market isn't immediate, when did you upload it? It might just take some time to get enough attention so that people start buying. If you want, you can also post a description and screen shops in our "let me show my app to you" forum. Our biggest user group at AndroidPIT comes from the US so you can be sure that US users will run across it.

Hope people start noticing FuelHound soon!

coreoil

Nov 23, 2011, 11:59:44 AM via Website

Thanks for checking. I uploaded a few days ago but now I guess I know what the problem is. A company has hundreds of TVapps, mentioned with "cheap gas prices" that do not even work...
I guess I'm not allowed to present it "let me show my app to you" forum since it is a paid app.