HTC ChaCha — can't type in arabic while phone's language is english

• Replies:4
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Nov 24, 2011 6:27:03 PM

hello there,i've just got an htc chacha android 2.3 ..am from egypt..the phone's language is set to english-egypt..but when am texting or using facebook i cant write in arabic evenn when i press the lng button next to the fn button..what puzzled me more is when i make phone's language arabic and try texting the Lng bttton works in switching between writing in arabic or english...plz i need help on that...i need the phone's language to be english but at the same time i need to write both arabic and english without changing the phone's language.. thank you

Nov 25, 2011 10:30:20 AM

Have you tried downloading an arabic keyboard? I've never had the same issue before (Don't speak Arabic unfortunately) but this problem seems to be common with the Cha Cha. I found several forums where people we complaining about the same issue in the stock keyboard. There are a number of custom Arabic keyboards out there, which you can download and instal on your Android phone. Have you given them a look?

Mar 14, 2012 7:25:31 PM

weam ahmed
hello there,i've just got an htc chacha android 2.3 ..am from egypt..the phone's language is set to english-egypt..but when am texting or using facebook i cant write in arabic evenn when i press the lng button next to the fn button..what puzzled me more is when i make phone's language arabic and try texting the Lng bttton works in switching between writing in arabic or english...plz i need help on that...i need the phone's language to be english but at the same time i need to write both arabic and english without changing the phone's language.. thank you

HEEEEEEY .. I FOUND IT , hold the screen in the place you will write in, then an option ( input method) will appear, choose arabic keyboard, you will find the Lng. button works and you can switch between arabic and english as u can :D :D (ay khedma :D )

Mar 14, 2012 11:02:08 PM

H. Eissa
weam ahmed

HEEEEEEY .. I FOUND IT , hold the screen in the place you will write in, then an option ( input method) will appear, choose arabic keyboard, you will find the Lng. button works and you can switch between arabic and english as u can :D :D (ay khedma :D )

Awesome. Glad you got it worked out :)