Cant access facebook out of wifi. Cant use telstra internet

• Replies:4
belieber
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 27, 2011, 10:44:26 AM via Website

hello,
I need help, i cant connect to facebook when im out of wifi. It wont let me use the normal telstra internet so i cant get on facebook when im out and about. its really annoying! please help!

— modified on Nov 27, 2011, 10:44:36 AM

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Nov 27, 2011, 11:10:42 PM via Website

That's strange. So you have a normal data plan from Telstra Internet for your HTC ChaCha right? Can your other apps access the net from your phone when you are not using wifi? Is it just Facebook that is not connecting or are you having other problems with your apps?

If none of the apps are responsive when you are out of wifi access it's probably a carrier issues. But if you can go online with your other apps then something strange is going on.

The Facebook android app takes its internet settings from the general settings for your phone and if one app can go online then they should all be able to. I just doubled checked in Facebook on my phone and there is no way to define other settings. I would check if your other apps can connect and if they can make sure your information is correctly saved in Facebook. If that doesn't work then I would call your cell company because if everything can go online but Facebook it might be an issue on their end. If nothing else works you could also try reinstalling the app. :( Hope the helps.

belieber

Dec 17, 2011, 8:32:27 AM via Website

thanks!

but i cant access any internet when im out of open wifi. :(
i have re-installed the app amny times but it wont connect.
in my settings (i use telstra) it says that the APN setting is wrong ?
i dont know what to do ? :(

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Dec 19, 2011, 10:31:18 AM via Website

That sounds like your problem there. The APN settings allow you to access mobile phone networks and if it's telling your that your APN settings are wrong then that is most likely what is preventing your from going online. I'd contact Telstra directly and ask what the settings are supposed to be. I don't know them off the top of my head but that sounds like what is preventing you from going online.

Hope that helps!

belieber

Dec 24, 2011, 5:35:59 AM via Website

thankyou! ill try that!

merry chritmas for tomorrow ! :)