Can I update my phone after rooting it?

• Replies:9
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Nov 30, 2011 10:13:32 PM via Website

Hi all,

I've rooted my samsung galaxy s2 recently and was wondering if I am able to update the firmware while the device is rooted?
Or would I have to unroot then upgrade?

thanks.

Feb 23, 2012 3:54:45 PM via Website

makes sense but doesnt there have to be a rooting method for the latest update thats installed??
im new to android so i have several questions myself and this was one of em..

cheers

Feb 24, 2012 2:36:07 PM via Website

Not entirely correct. Once your rooted, you can update the firmware. Just boot your phone into bootloader mode and make sure the firmware is on the root of your sd card, and it should install automatically. You shouldnt lose root after doing this, as I ve updated my firmware a few times and its never happened.

Only by flashing a stock ROM should you lose root.

— modified on Feb 24, 2012 2:36:46 PM

Jul 8, 2012 10:49:52 PM via Website

I got a notification to update. Keep in mind that my phone is also rooted. When I update, it automatically proceeds to the boatloader screen. I have no idea what do do from here. I actually don't care if I lose my root or not. I would like to update to the new android version that is available to me.

Mar 26, 2014 7:26:03 AM via Website

Hi all'

I have lenovo p780 ROW 8GB variant I successfully rooted my phone
Before rooting I have latest Firmware update and after root I was back To previous firmware don't know why and I again got that upgrade so how to apply official OTA update without bricking my phone or any other problem I unrooted my mobile and tried to install the update it give different error while applying update signature verification failed or one more error what should I do help please anyone