Is bad battery life a good enough reason to leave Android?

• Replies:1
Bob Hart
  • Forum posts: 51

Jan 3, 2012, 11:35:44 AM via Website

Unfortunately, I've had it up to here with the battery life on my Thunderbolt and, while I know other Androids have better battery life, I just can't shake the feeling that I'd do better with an iPhone. The battery life on this phone is so abysmal it's almost shocking! Is this a good enough reason to leave Android?

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jan 3, 2012, 11:30:33 PM via Website

Battery life on smartphones seems to vary hugely, not just by o/s or manufacturer but even between the same model. I consider myself lucky to achieve 12 hours from a full charge with average use, and can drain a battery within 5 hours sometimes(when I'm bored), yet other Arc owners seem to manage 22-26 hours. There seems to be a similar issue with iOS where my daughters iPhone 4 can last easily a day, sometimes two, whereas my friends 4S has a similar battery life to mine. Ultimately it's a personal decision; I've grown too used to Android to consider changing to iOS, so to cope I have three batteries and always carry a charger. I could use an app to manage my 3g connection, remove the widgets from the homescreen, underclock/volt the CPU, stop streaming videos and podcasts and basically just use it to make calls/send texts, but then I'd just have... a phone.

Sinkster