Samsung Galaxy S2 — Poor call quality with Skype app

• Replies:1
Mair
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 9:55:36 PM via Website

Hi, I received my Samsung Galaxy S2 last Wednesday and Skype was one of the first apps I downloaded.

As a previous iPhone 3GS user, I used Skype regularly through my home wireless connection with the phone and the person on the other end always said the quality of sound from me was very good when calling (not video calling). But since I started using Skype on my Samsung, it's said that the quality is very poor (described as a vintage phone sound!). I can hear them fine, they just think I sound like I'm in a tin can, haha.

Both phones have had good/equal wireless internet signal, even stood right by the router at times, but the quality is still poor through my Samsung whereas the iPhone was great. It's just a surprise to me since my previous phone is 2-3 years old, yet this brand new phone can't match up to the call quality through Skype.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and/or if there is a solution to this. Thanks.

— modified on Jan 30, 2012, 9:57:43 PM

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Jan 31, 2012, 11:55:31 AM via Website

Sadly, my skype calling isnt that great either on my device. Im not sure if Skype has implemented their mobile platform for Android in the same way they did for IOS, as on my iphone it was much better. Have you tried other calling apps to see if the issue happens on other apps?