I have a problem with Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3!

• Replies:46
  • Answered
LIOKRIS
  • Forum posts: 10

Feb 1, 2012, 3:05:00 PM via Website

My phone doesn't want to turn on it only shows the logo of the phone for hours and that is all I tried to unplug my phone sd card and all cards on my phone but still no fixing .
My phone is new almost a year and I recently started to use it like a month .
The model is : Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3
What I did was to install some apps and after trying to install one of them something went wrong it toke so long to install the app and after I saw no installation whatsoever at all I disconnected the installation then everything started to work very slow and nothing wanted to install or uninstall on the phone . Then I decided to turn of the phone I thought that would help the phone to work faster but after I turned it off I couldn't turn it on the only thing that do is to play the turning on music and to show the logo and that is all . And the only way I can turn it off is when I unplug the battery :(
What did I do wrong and how can I fix this problem is my phone dead forever or can I fix it somehow please help me I am really worried :(

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 2, 2012, 1:41:46 PM via Website

Hmmmm......thats a tricky one. Im guessing your phone is not rooted correct?

So what your saying is that when you try to turn it on, it just hangs on the logo the entire time? The phone wont boot all the way up correct?

LIOKRIS

Feb 2, 2012, 2:02:31 PM via Website

Yes when I try to turn my phone on the only thing that does is to hand on the logo for hours until the battery is off.
I don't know how to root my phone when it's off can you tell me more details about rooting and what can I do . I am really worried because the phone it's not mine and I don't want to give money for reparing.

Eric McBride

Feb 2, 2012, 5:48:02 PM via Website

Hmm..I ve done some digging around, and what I wanted to try to do is get your phone in recovery so that you could factory wipe it without having to boot it up. Here is something you can try at your own risk. Not responsible if it doesnt work.

Power off your phone. Make sure your battery has some charge left in it. Press the middle of the VOLUME + MENU(middle key) + POWER ON for 1-2 sec and then release the power button. The recovery menu should then appear.

Select Wipe Data/ Factory reset with volume down, then press MENU, then select Yes - delete all user...When that is done, go back up to reboot system now, and then see if it reboots.

Basically, just do STEP 1 of this:

Then reboot. Let me know if you have any luck.

Eric

LIOKRIS

Feb 3, 2012, 9:25:21 AM via Website

Hi I did this already I press all the buttons and I deleted all the files and reboot the phone and it is working right now thanks for the help :)

Eric McBride

Feb 3, 2012, 9:51:22 AM via Website

Glad you finally got it working :-D

LIOKRIS

Feb 7, 2012, 12:30:14 PM via Website

I am also glad that I got it working , after a few days ago I had the same problem again and I did this thing reboot and deleting data and it worked again I guess it is a common lag bug idk ...

Eric McBride

Feb 8, 2012, 12:58:57 PM via Website

So it occurs often? Thats really weird. I really wonder if its a certain app thats causing your problem, as I ve never heard of such a bug.

Do me a favor...go to the market and download a free app called "myappslist". It will allow you to save a list of all your apps to a file on your sd card. So if you can, save the list of apps you have installed and post it here so that I can have a look to see if there any apps that might be causing you so much trouble.

LIOKRIS

Feb 8, 2012, 3:01:51 PM via Website

Well I don't need to download anything I cna just write it down to you and explain what happend with what app .
The first time I got this problem with my logo all the time on screen was because I tried to instal one audio app to listen to mp3 music she was very big and the instalation time was very long so I canceled the instalation and after that nothing worked like before no videos nothing only one big lag and afte rI turned my phone off and then on the logo was the only thing that appeared for a long time. I delete everything reboot my phone and it owrked then I started to using my phone as before but I had too many stuff on my sd car I have 14 gb card space and I was using almost all of it full with movies and tv shows I started watching them with mvideo player a video player for movies very good one I think but after I waited a long time the player to find my videos suddenly my phone turned off and the same logo appeared and stayed like before on and on, my bf thinks that the problem is because of the sd card because I use to much of the space and that is causing the lag and the bug .
What do you think?

Eric McBride

Feb 9, 2012, 1:21:55 PM via Website

Hmm..how much free space is on your sd card, and what class of a card is it?

LIOKRIS

Feb 9, 2012, 3:29:52 PM via Website

Well my SD card has 15 and a little bit more GB space but the time I used it and the problem occurred I used almost all of my free space .
I don't know what class of card means but if it means the name I will give it to you, on my sd card is saying SanDisk made in China .
Sorry if I wrote the wrong answer I really don't know much (at all) about that kind of stuff :(

Eric McBride

Feb 9, 2012, 4:49:46 PM via Website

No problem! As long as you have around 2 or 300mb left on the card, there should be no issues. It could be that the card is corrupted though. Are there any error messages on the computer if you try to plug your phone into a PC?

LIOKRIS

Feb 10, 2012, 12:19:52 PM via Website

No,no problem at all :)
Maybe it is from some apps the problem maybe when I use too much free space.At least I know how to fix this problem if occures again :)

Eric McBride

Feb 10, 2012, 1:31:46 PM via Website

Yeah...let me know if it happens again. Im really curious to get this figured out.

LIOKRIS

Feb 10, 2012, 1:48:38 PM via Website

wow you really want to know the reason of my problem :)
I hope there is no next time , and no more lag or bug :)
But if something happens I will share it with you :)

Eric McBride

Feb 10, 2012, 2:06:27 PM via Website

LOL..yeah..I hate it when theres a problem that keeps repeating itself. After all, helping is what we're here for!

LIOKRIS

Feb 10, 2012, 2:36:14 PM via Website

I feel luky to have such an understanding and helpful perosn like you :)
And I know how to fix the problem with repating salsung logo I just don't know the exact moment and reason for it :)
But for me the solution is more important then the problem itself, but still it is good to know for the future using so I could try and prevent it :)

Eric McBride

Feb 10, 2012, 5:15:02 PM via Website

No problem at all. I spend a lot of time with Android phones, and when I hear of a problem like that it just irritates me that I cant figure out whats causing it!

adnan malik
  • Forum posts: 17

Feb 22, 2012, 4:17:17 PM via Website

excuse my mobile samsung i5800 galaxy 3 got a problem ..i cant surf internet through wifi on my cell although my cell is connected to wifi network..........when ever i opens any site ....an error msg appears "web page is nt available". nw i cant open andriod market through my celll.......plz kindly help me i will be very thankful 2 u for this kind act

adnan malik

Feb 22, 2012, 4:19:48 PM via Website

plz kindly help me bro

Eric McBride

Feb 22, 2012, 5:06:35 PM via Website

adnan malik
plz kindly help me bro

Do you have a static IP address that your using on your phone to connect to your wifi?

adnan malik

Feb 23, 2012, 9:05:03 AM via Website

i did not understand what you are asking ? :-(

Eric McBride

Feb 23, 2012, 3:15:21 PM via Website

The way you connect to wifi on your phone...are you doing it with an IP number that you put into the phone, or just the "normal" way of connecting via wifi?

adnan malik

Feb 25, 2012, 3:12:36 PM via Website

i am just connecting wifi by normal way not by using static i.p

adnan malik

Feb 25, 2012, 3:15:55 PM via Website

can u send me ur skype ID and tell me when shud i call u according to time of pakistan

adnan malik

Feb 26, 2012, 9:09:21 AM via Website

kindly help me..i am a new user of andriod phones

Eric McBride

Feb 27, 2012, 1:26:25 PM via Website

Hmm..try going to the market and dowloading a different browser like Dolphin or Chrome. Lets see if the problem is the browser or your actual internet connection.

Give that a shot and get back to me.

LIOKRIS

Feb 28, 2012, 9:27:09 AM via Website

Hi I just wanted to say that I notice that when I use some app a game or else sometimes my phone stops working like freezing for a moment and then he does this vibrate one time and a few second later two times in a row and sometimes that is all but other times it is saying that the app is not responding and do I want to close it or to wait for respond.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Feb 28, 2012, 11:16:03 AM via Website

It sounds like you either have a couple of software bugs. Does it only happen with one app or is it a general problem with the phone? If it's just a single app you might want to reinstall that app. If its a problem with your system software you can either A) chalk it up to some incompatibilities and forget about it if it doesn't really impact performance or B ) try a reset and reinstall of your system software, which will erase all data but might help clear up the issue.

— modified on Feb 28, 2012, 11:16:14 AM

adnan malik

Feb 28, 2012, 3:01:11 PM via Website

i had also used other many browsers but again browsing not possible

Eric McBride

Feb 28, 2012, 3:41:58 PM via Website

Ok. So if you cant browser with your 3G connection, and you cant browse with wifi, either you have defective hardware, or your phone isnt setup for 3g or wifi.

Do you have a 3g plan for your device?

adnan malik

Feb 28, 2012, 4:29:18 PM via Website

i had bought this cell few days back from my cousin . i used internet through wifi for 2 days after that i was un able to browse again any more ......nd 3g network is not available in our country :-(

adnan malik

Feb 28, 2012, 4:30:19 PM via Website

how can my mobile be setup for wifi

Eric McBride

Feb 29, 2012, 2:45:06 PM via Website

You have your own wifi connection in your house correct?

adnan malik

Mar 2, 2012, 3:08:23 PM via Website

yup em having wifi connection at my home .......i also use net on my pc through wifi which means wifi router is working when i bought this mobile 2 or 3 days after buying i used that wifi on this mobile but after three days upto em nt able to browse any more

Eric McBride

Mar 5, 2012, 2:28:05 PM via Website

adnan malik
yup em having wifi connection at my home .......i also use net on my pc through wifi which means wifi router is working when i bought this mobile 2 or 3 days after buying i used that wifi on this mobile but after three days upto em nt able to browse any more

Hmm..if it was working before and has suddenly stopped, you might want to try doing a factory reset, as something must have changed in your settings that are now keeping you from getting wifi access.

adnan malik

Mar 7, 2012, 4:05:00 PM via Website

i had done factory reset also but it again also does nt works bro

Eric McBride

Mar 7, 2012, 6:09:08 PM via Website

Hmm...Im really starting to wonder if its not a hardware problem. Is it possible to connect from the wifi at a friends house to see if it works there?

adnan malik

Mar 8, 2012, 5:11:00 PM via Website

i had checked also in friends house ...... same problem again :-(

Eric McBride

Mar 8, 2012, 5:40:48 PM via Website

Very strange..well, if you tried all that, and you definitely cleared any static IP settings in the wifi setttings, then it must be defective hardware :(

Are you sure you went to settings, wifi, pressed menu and then press "advanced" and made sure there was no static ip address?

adnan malik

Mar 10, 2012, 2:53:16 PM via Website

yes there was no static ip

adnan malik

Mar 11, 2012, 4:52:34 PM via Website

i think u dnt have the solution of this problem

Eric McBride

Mar 12, 2012, 11:48:05 PM via Website

Im kind of running out of ideas! Have you tried at other peoples houses to connect the wifi? If its not your connection, and not their connection, it must be a hardware issue :(

adnan malik

Mar 18, 2012, 5:20:42 PM via Website

yes i had tried frm my other friends houses also nd if ita a hardware problem then how much it will cost for repairing this wifi problem

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Mar 19, 2012, 12:03:58 PM via Website

That depends on your carrier. Have you tried calling their support line? They might have more information on your device if it really is a known hardware bug...

adnan malik

Mar 21, 2012, 6:15:56 PM via Website

my wifi connection runs on pc but how should i remove this hardware bug

adnan malik

Mar 24, 2012, 4:54:29 PM via Website

loser u didnt solve my problem