how do they do it? bar code scanners

• Replies:9
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Feb 1, 2012 5:06:08 PM

how do they code it so that the camera can scan a bar code?
all i want it to do is to be able to say what the item is
i really dont care about price
or where to get one
i just want to know how they can get the phone to read a bar code?
any explainations would be greatly appreciated
thanks peeps'

Feb 2, 2012 1:11:09 PM

Hmm..Im not really sure HOW exactly the bar code scanner works. I would post this question at XDA in the android development section as well, as its something the devs there can probably explain pretty easily.

Anyone have an idea of how these work?

Apr 8, 2012 9:45:00 PM

I use that scanner - SnyervBPrice1.0 Scanner and the provider gave me an explanation how is done.
When you take a picture with your camera, the light goes from the camera in to the phone and the processor makes the received information into picture. When using the scanner, the application uses the same process like thaking a picture, and "reads" the information available. Then it search from the database for such item, and if found, gives the information about it :)

Apr 10, 2012 5:57:58 PM

David Felane
I use that scanner - SnyervBPrice1.0 Scanner and the provider gave me an explanation how is done.
When you take a picture with your camera, the light goes from the camera in to the phone and the processor makes the received information into picture. When using the scanner, the application uses the same process like thaking a picture, and "reads" the information available. Then it search from the database for such item, and if found, gives the information about it :)

Makes sense! Thanks for this!

Dec 27, 2012 5:20:17 AM

BizCode Barcode Reader for .NET SDK support many commonly-used linear and matrix barcode symbologies covering several industries, including ISO/IEC specified Code 39, Code 128, Interleaved 2 of 5, GS1 specified EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-A and UPC-E, as well as popular two-dimensional / 2D barcodes Data Matrix, QR Code and PDF-417.

Sep 17, 2013 5:13:39 AM

hey, i just know it need to be added a barcode reader,and then use the camera to scan barcode.as for the connection between phone and barcode,i 've just generated a barcode on my phone, bu as for reader i haven't found one.