Wrong recovery flash on Syngric Dreambook W7 tablet

• Replies:4
Mike Kanawa
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 8:13:56 AM via Website

Hello!

I have a Dreambook W7 and it looks like I've killed it.
That's what happened: I've tried to flash a new recovery, but did it in a wrong way, so now I can't turn the device on. In both variants (usual boot with "Power" button or boot in recovery mode) I just get an Android logo and nothing more.

Is it possible to somehow repair my tablet?

What was actually done wrong - I've used 'dd' command with 'of' set to "/dev/block/mmcblk0" with a wrong 'if' file.

Thanks in advance

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 10, 2012, 1:36:03 PM via Website

Hmm...this is a tricky one, as im not familiar at all with this device. ITs a Windows 7 device right? If it is, your best bet is probably gonna be at XDA.

Mike Kanawa
Hello!

I have a Dreambook W7 and it looks like I've killed it.
That's what happened: I've tried to flash a new recovery, but did it in a wrong way, so now I can't turn the device on. In both variants (usual boot with "Power" button or boot in recovery mode) I just get an Android logo and nothing more.

Is it possible to somehow repair my tablet?

What was actually done wrong - I've used 'dd' command with 'of' set to "/dev/block/mmcblk0" with a wrong 'if' file.

Thanks in advance

Rowland Jones
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 3:23:50 PM via Website

I have a Dreambook W7 that is slightly used and it has all the acc. with it the USB cable, the AC charger and the earbuds with the owners manual. Only been used a hand full of times. I am selling on ebay for $49.99 to $99.99. If you are interested. I will sell to you for the $49.99 plus the freight if you want it. I am in Dallas, Tx.

Rowland

Steve Watson
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 22, 2012, 5:29:16 PM via Website

Hey Rowland
If you haven't sold the W7, I'll buy it.

Steve

Steve Watson
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 22, 2012, 5:32:34 PM via Website

Mike,
Not sure if you can fix your W7. If you don't find a fix I would be interested in buying it. Mine runs pretty good
but I have a cracked screen and would like to replace it.

Steve