Did I just brick my phone?!????

• Replies:5
Josh Breezy
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 11:09:19 PM via Website

Ok so I have a Samsung Captivate, AT&T's Galaxy S. So basically my power button stopped working one day which poses a bit of a problem for waking up the phone. Long story short I rooted it so I could button remap but the remap apps would make it so I would need to press the remapped button (volume down) several times for the phone to wake. That's when I decided to install a completely different ROM (cyanogen) and see if that remap would work better. I downloaded rom manager and flashed the rom but now i'm at the recover y screen and its giving me the option to reboot system now. I can move through the options with my volume key but cannot select one cuz my power key doesn't work. If I take out the battery and put it back in it just reboots to the recovery screen again and I can't select anything because the power key doesn't work. Can I make it work somehow or at least restore the original operating system or am I SOL and did I just brick my phone? Please help someone! I am so frustrated!

Sorry for the block of text, but I would really appreciate help at all.

Trent Neuman
  • Forum posts: 16

Feb 17, 2012, 3:35:14 AM via App

Go to xda. I'm pretty sure there is a
one click program (Odin out heimdall) that you can use with your computer that will install a stock ROM. Then you can go from there.
Good luck!

— modified on Feb 17, 2012, 3:36:04 AM

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Feb 17, 2012, 10:27:39 AM via Website

Good advice! That's what I would recomend. If you want to see how to use odin, we have a short instructional video in our Rooting Guide .

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 20, 2012, 2:23:40 PM via Website

Odin = LIFESAVER for Samsung devices. It saved me SOOOO many times with my tablet.