Android Cupcake on Sony Clie?

• Replies:3
Ayrton M.
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 21, 2012, 12:12:12 AM via Website

Hello everyone, I hope I have placed this thread in the proper forum. Anyways I have an old Sony Clie laying around that runs Palm OS and wanted to transfer it over to Android. This will not be my primary device but just something to mess around with an eventually test my apps on. The device itself it older so I don't expect to run anything higher than Cupcake but I was wondering if you guys knew how I could do this or have tried this before. Thanks.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 21, 2012, 1:43:18 PM via Website

I have done some digging around, and unless Im missing it, I dont think its possible to boot Android on this device. XDA Developers didnt have a method of doing it either that I saw, and normally if they havent done it, no one has :(

Ayrton M.
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 21, 2012, 5:12:10 PM via Website

Okay, thanks for your help. I'll try to look into it more and see if I can get it to work though with my lack of experience with Android and the fact that XDA developers you mentioned have not done it I'm not expecting it to work.

Odis Oclemonsp
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 11:29:48 PM via Website

Please pm me in you find out anything on this. I still think the clie ux50 was one of the most well designed devices after all these years