Banner Exchange Networks for Android Apps?

• Replies:19
turskagames
  • Forum posts: 59

Feb 24, 2012, 3:35:18 PM via Website

Hi!

I've now published two games in Android market and I'm looking for different promoting options. Are there any good banner exchange networks for Android apps? I would like to hear if anyone has some experience on using them and their effect on installation rates. Thanks!

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Feb 27, 2012, 2:18:53 PM via Website

I've thought a banner exchange for developers would be an excellent way to promote apps. I haven't tried any yet, but I was thinking of trying this one: Please let me know if you find a good banner exchange network.

Admin edit: **links are forbidden**

— modified on Jun 21, 2013, 10:37:10 AM by moderator

turskagames

Feb 27, 2012, 2:21:54 PM via Website

I did some searching and also found ez-ex. I think I'll try that one. If anyone has tried it out, I'll be happy to hear experiences.

Jeremiah

Feb 27, 2012, 2:24:21 PM via Website

Ideally for me I'd like to just share house ad's on Ad-mob with other developers. But there is no system in place to tell if the other developers are showing your house ads, and no way to equalize impressions between the developers showing each others house ads with ad-mob.

turskagames

Mar 2, 2012, 12:49:59 PM via Website

I agree Jeremiah. That would be nice and easy if there was some way to equalize the impressions.

turskagames

Apr 1, 2012, 9:32:02 AM via Website

Did you Jeremiah (or anyone else) try ez-ex? I decided to try Applifier (http://www.applifier.com). I just published the upgrade with Applifier yesterday, so at the moment I don't know how it will influence my install rates, but I'm hoping it will help :) If you are interested to see how it works in action, you can check this game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=turskagames.shapefitter.free

The main menu has admob banner, but the game view has Applifier banner at the bottom.

— modified on Apr 1, 2012, 9:32:21 AM

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 2, 2012, 3:40:52 PM via Website

Dont forget..you can always submit your app for an official AndroidPIT review if your wanting some extra promotion!!! :)

Jeremiah

Apr 4, 2012, 3:01:11 AM via Website

turskagames
Did you Jeremiah (or anyone else) try ez-ex? I decided to try Applifier (http://www.applifier.com). I just published the upgrade with Applifier yesterday, so at the moment I don't know how it will influence my install rates, but I'm hoping it will help :) If you are interested to see how it works in action, you can check this game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=turskagames.shapefitter.free

The main menu has admob banner, but the game view has Applifier banner at the bottom.

I never got around to trying ez-ex. Applifier looks interesting, and more professional. Think I will give it a try as well. Please let me know how it goes for you.

Jeremiah

Apr 4, 2012, 3:30:18 AM via Website

I also just tried your ShapeFitter game, I thought it was really fun. I like the grid/squares effect of the shapes, makes it easier to discern where they should go. It ran great on my Droid Bionic, nice work!

turskagames

Apr 10, 2012, 8:33:27 AM via Website

Jeremiah
I also just tried your ShapeFitter game, I thought it was really fun. I like the grid/squares effect of the shapes, makes it easier to discern where they should go. It ran great on my Droid Bionic, nice work!

Thanks Jeremiah! I had the same reason with ez-ex, it just wasn't convincing enough. I've been happy with Applifier, although I haven't noticed any change in the install rates. But the number of active users is not so high in my app, so maybe it takes time to make an impact. However, I think Applifier is worth testing and it was easy to integrate to the game. They also provide some nice statistics.

Jeremiah

Apr 10, 2012, 5:41:30 PM via Website

Have you tried any other means of advertising? If your like me with a limited (read no) budget for buying advertising; it's very hard to get the word out about your apps. I've tried submitting to various blogs, and even youtube android video review blogs, without much success. I bought a review from this site a few weeks ago for Otto's Toy Chest, it helped some, I saw a definite increase in downloads. What methods have you tried for getting your app exposure?

GiveMeApps
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 13, 2012, 5:52:37 PM via Website

Give me your banners! We can help you promote! Even do app reviews, video reviews and the like. Just go to GiveMeApps

turskagames

Apr 14, 2012, 5:28:12 PM via Website

Jeremiah
Have you tried any other means of advertising? If your like me with a limited (read no) budget for buying advertising; it's very hard to get the word out about your apps. I've tried submitting to various blogs, and even youtube android video review blogs, without much success. I bought a review from this site a few weeks ago for Otto's Toy Chest, it helped some, I saw a definite increase in downloads. What methods have you tried for getting your app exposure?

I've tried to survive with no budget as well. I've posted to some Android forums and to some free review places (with no luck) but that basically it. Now I also registered to GiveMeApps. Maybe I should consider some paid ads or reviews as well.

turskagames

Aug 3, 2012, 3:21:32 PM via Website

Any new experiments/opinions on this subject?

I've been using Applifier in all my 3 games. I'm kind of happy with the functionality but not so happy with the results. It seems that the ads shown in my games are pretty much the same all the time, meaning that users won't click them (at least more than once) and therefore I don't get installs to my games. I think there is potential, but it would need a wider network.

— modified on Jun 21, 2013, 10:37:57 AM by moderator

turskagames

Aug 4, 2012, 8:22:39 AM via Website

I decided to test it myself with one of my apps. So far it seems really good. I have good control of how the credits are spent between my apps and I can set daily limits to them. I might start using it in all my apps.

If you want to see it in action, you can check this simple game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=turskagames.colormatch.free
I have admob banner in the main menu and tapfortap banner in the game view.

turskagames

Sep 30, 2012, 1:50:34 PM via Website

Is this topic really not interesting to any other developers? I would assume that many other indie developers are in the same position as me - trying to promote games/apps with basically zero budget. Well, here are my recent experiences anyway:

I also have WaveX (http://wavex.6waves.com/) in one of my games, but I'm removing it in the next update. I have only seen one banner in my game and the game in the ad is removed from Google Play. Also, they haven't recorded any outgoing clicks for my game, so it's been basically useless. I reported the issue three weeks ago, but they haven't fixed yet.

— modified on Jun 21, 2013, 10:38:11 AM by moderator

Android k
  • Forum posts: 15

Oct 26, 2012, 10:35:48 AM via Website

There are various Banner Exchange Networks For Android Apps such as:
1)LinkBuddies
2)FreeBanners
3)SmartClicks
4)BannerSwap
5)Linkexchange
You can exchange your banners with participating members on this platforms.

Stanley Foresythe
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 10, 2013, 2:44:07 AM via Website

check our video app reviews from givemeapps on Fiverr.com

rafsystems
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 5, 2013, 12:39:34 AM via Website

turskagames
Hi!

I've now published two games in Android market and I'm looking for different promoting options. Are there any good banner exchange networks for Android apps? I would like to hear if anyone has some experience on using them and their effect on installation rates. Thanks!

This is new but were building up publishers and exposure. Get in while its free!

Heres the offer:
no SDK needed!
simple GET url API will display our ads in your app via a web object (must be min 320x300)
ads are 300x250
You display our ads and deliver 500 impressions/day min
One of your banner ads will be displayed for free
you get free stats for your ad
you can change your banner image whenever
you will get around 1000+ impressions per day (increasing as more developers install our ads)

Just PM or email me

App8ite
  • Forum posts: 16

Oct 21, 2013, 11:40:13 PM via Website

Avoid Tap for Tap, we've had a really bad experience with them.