cant unlock my phone

• Replies:15
Lynne Gerry
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 25, 2012, 3:05:27 AM via Website

Hi there, I am new to this forum so go easy on me please.:*)

I have a Galaxy s2, I have passworded it to stop my son from using my phone as he is only little, I have put in the exact password
but I have the warning error message, sorry try again. It is the right password as it the one I always use, but no I cannot get into my phone.
Even my husband has typed the password in slowly & correctly but nothing seems to work. I have changed my password about a week ago & I've even tried that, incase its corrupted. Nothing.

Any idea's what I can do next? I need the phone as its my life line

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Feb 27, 2012, 12:10:35 PM via Website

This was suggesed in a couple of other forums but I don't know if it works.

1) Log in to your google account on your pc, the same account you registered for your phone

2) After logging in look at the top right corner of your inbox/email page, it would say your google username. Like say if you name is John, and you have a google id thats registered to your galaxy s as ,john123@gmail.com. Now this google id on the top right corner of the page would be displayed asjohn123@googlemail.com

3) Type in the google id, thats visible on the right hand top corner of your page (likejohn123@googlemail.com) into your galaxy s handset locked page, and type in the password.

If nothing else works you could try a factory reset of the samsung galaxy s2 (see link) it will erase all data on the phone but you'll be able to use it again.

Hope that helps!

Lynne Gerry

Feb 27, 2012, 5:56:08 PM via Website

awwwww Ty buddy!

Aaron Tilton

Feb 28, 2012, 11:09:01 AM via Website

No worries. I just hope it works and you fix your Galaxy S2. Let us know how it worked out and if you still need help!

Anas KW
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 28, 2012, 12:03:22 PM via Website

Dears,

I have the same issue exactly.. that my security option is PASSWORD not PATTERN to lock the screen. and my kid was playing just pressing anything at screen. now I inserts my correct password and it says: sorry, try again!

I tried as you mentioned with my gmail account (gmail ID) to type it as password, but even this fails!

Any solution!!!

I DON'T need factory reset I can't loose my data.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 28, 2012, 3:48:35 PM via Website

Unfortunately, if you cant remember your password at all, the only way to reset it is to factory reset :(

But even if you do that, you wont lose your contacts, as those are backed up in the cloud by Google and synced to your gmail.

Lynne Gerry

Feb 28, 2012, 4:06:51 PM via Website

Aaron TY very very very much!!!!!!

Anas KW
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 29, 2012, 5:02:32 AM via Website

Ok, but what about my photos and video! I will loose them :(

Aaron Tilton

Feb 29, 2012, 10:35:17 AM via Website

In a word: Yes. That's why its of critical importance to always and I do mean always remember to do a backup of your important data and not keep it exclusivly on your phone. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.... :(

jakson Robert
  • Forum posts: 64

Mar 1, 2012, 12:17:38 PM via Website

Log in to your google account on your pc, the same account you registered for your phone
After logging in look at the top right corner of your inbox/email page, it would say your google username. Like say if you name is John, and you have a google id thats registered to your galaxy s as , john123@gmail.com. Now this google id on the top right corner of the page would be displayed as john123@googlemail.com

3) Type in the google id, thats visible on the right hand top corner of your page (like john123@googlemail.com) into your galaxy s handset locked page, and type in the password.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Mar 1, 2012, 3:43:29 PM via Website

jakson Robert
Log in to your google account on your pc, the same account you registered for your phone
After logging in look at the top right corner of your inbox/email page, it would say your google username. Like say if you name is John, and you have a google id thats registered to your galaxy s as , john123@gmail.com. Now this google id on the top right corner of the page would be displayed as john123@googlemail.com

3) Type in the google id, thats visible on the right hand top corner of your page (like john123@googlemail.com) into your galaxy s handset locked page, and type in the password.

Does that really work? Never heard of that method before!

Jeremy Kelly
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 4:40:56 AM via Website

My phone will not unlock and i have a captivate glide and i have tried all steps

santha narayanan

Aug 3, 2012, 6:40:48 AM via Website

Lynne Gerry
Hi there, I am new to this forum so go easy on me please.:*)

I have a Galaxy s2, I have passworded it to stop my son from using my phone as he is only little, I have put in the exact password
but I have the warning error message, sorry try again. It is the right password as it the one I always use, but no I cannot get into my phone.
Even my husband has typed the password in slowly & correctly but nothing seems to work. I have changed my password about a week ago & I've even tried that, incase its corrupted. Nothing.

Any idea's what I can do next? I need the phone as its my life line

Hi, There are difference in unlocking a phone. One is unlocking from the cellular service provider and another is our master password unlocking for our phone. Unlocking from the service provider can be done at sites like prounlocking.com but no sites can unlock your phone password. There is only one way that we must reset the phone using master "Restore factory setting" which must be available at the security settings of a phone. Or we must go to a phone service center to reinstall the entire software of a phone. Re installing software will lead data loss (phone book entries). All the best. Please feed back if my suggestions useful to you.

— modified on Aug 14, 2012, 5:15:10 PM by moderator

Vesso
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 12, 2013, 5:27:50 PM via Website

Hi guys, I've installed JB 4.1.2(I9100XWLS8_I9100FOPLS3_FOP) and also rooted my galaxy s2 GT-i9000 but it turns out the sim is locked. I've tried the chainfire galaxy s2 SIM Unlock, but didn't work. Someone in this forum had posted a thread regarding the problem, but was only accessible by the admins. Can you help?

— modified on Mar 12, 2013, 5:29:44 PM

Gerald Adams
  • Forum posts: 16

May 12, 2016, 10:48:34 AM via Website

There is an easy way to do it. Find out how!

DebloquerUniPhone

Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Apr 4, 2019, 11:36:05 AM via Website

Maybe you forgot the Samsung password, in this case, if you have backup, you can unlock Samsung phone lock password without data loss, just connect your Samsung Galaxy s2 to computer, then do as the guide said, you can unlock your Samsung in steps.