[Widget] Kindle Daily Deal Widget for Android

• Replies:3
Pete Matthews
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 29, 2012, 3:30:34 PM via Website

The recent arrival of a Kindle in our house has prompted daily checks of the Kindle Daily Deal page, and it occurred to me that there must be an Android widget to display it on your home screen. Only I couldn't find one, so I went about creating one.

There are seperate versions for the UK and US – if you need another territory, I should be able to help you out… Drop me a mail :)

It's available now on the Android Market, as follows:
UK Version
US Version

Further details are available on my site here

Operation should be obvious, but touch the:
- Share button to let friends know about the deal via SMS, email, Facebook, Twitter and whatever else the cool kids are using now
- Search button to find other bits and bobs on Amazon
- Anywhere else to load the the relevant Amazon product page – Ideal for those impulse One-Click purchases ;)

Hope someone finds it useful... Please let me know if you've got any comments or suggestions...

Thanks,

Pete

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Mar 1, 2012, 3:50:18 PM via Website

Now THIS is a damn useful app. I love reading on my tablet and purchase books often from Amazon. I ll install this now and get you some feedback.

Congrats on the release!

Pete Matthews
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 4, 2012, 11:31:02 PM via Website

Just to note that there's a new version that fixes problems some people were seeing with updates that we far too frequent, and another minor problem that would prevent the widget updating properly. There are also now versions available for Germany and France.

Hope that some folks are finding this useful - please do let me know if you have any feedback, both positive and negative - it's all appreciated :)

Pete

Locate Baltimore
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 27, 2012, 6:16:36 AM via Website

Locate Baltimore has amazing deals in electronics , Escapes, Family Services, Spa, Food, Fashion products. Be a part of it in time and enjoy unbelievable offers and discounts.
I saw some great deals at www.locatebaltimore.com . You might want to check this out.