RE: Copying DVD to Micro SD card and Playing On Android Tablet

• Replies:14
Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Mar 2, 2012, 10:53:30 AM via Website

Just download any and all DVD rippers for your laptop. There are lots and I do mean lots out there, so just google/ download the one that looks best to you. Just make sure that it rips the file as an MPEG-4 as that has the best playback results on tablets as far as I know.

Then connect your tablet to your computer and drop the file in your gallery or where ever your media files are kept. You should be able to then just open the file on your Android and enjoy!

Aaron Tilton

Mar 5, 2012, 10:25:48 AM via Website

It does actually. All you have to do is go to the DVD shrink prefrences and then select the file format from the drop down menu on the left-hand size and then enter the max. file size and then it should work for you!

Hope that helps!

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Mar 6, 2012, 3:50:42 PM via Website

Nero Suite has (or used to anyway) an option to convert a dvd down to a 700MB mpeg 4 file, and the quality was really good. You might wanna give that a shot if you dont mind buying Nero. It did the job great for me when I used to convert a lot of videos.

Aaron Tilton

Mar 7, 2012, 10:37:47 AM via Website

There should be an imput field that asks you to set a max size for all files produced by Nero. This is a standard feature in almost all ripping packages. Just use the help feature to find out where exactly it is in your version of the program.

Finch
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 28, 2012, 4:21:42 PM via Website

Ya, you can watch it on android but you need to download all movie converter. By this you can convert the movie as per the device and watch them on it.

kyle ziegelman
  • Forum posts: 7

Oct 12, 2012, 7:33:09 PM via App

is this at all possible with just an adroid phone?

Wongmo
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 2, 2014, 1:44:38 AM via Website

I have a DVD folder (downloaded from a DVD copy program) on my computer. How to move the folder to my Galaxy note 2014??? And what app to download to watch the movie on?

thanks for any advice...

— modified on Mar 2, 2014, 1:56:48 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 18, 2014, 9:20:04 AM via Website

Wongmo

I have a DVD folder (downloaded from a DVD copy program) on my computer. How to move the folder to my Galaxy note 2014??? And what app to download to watch the movie on?

thanks for any advice...

Did you copy out a Video_TS folder from DVD? Galaxy Note will not read this, you'd better to do a conversion to transcode your folder to acceptable format like MP4. DVDAid is worth a try.

Jeremy Devries
  • Forum posts: 13

Feb 22, 2016, 8:27:39 AM via Website

Just try a DVD ripper to convert the folder to Galaxy note playable formats. There are many good options, for example, WinX DVD Ripper.

— modified on Jan 4, 2018, 9:28:04 AM

DJ.Emily

May 4, 2016, 9:39:17 AM via Website

We cannot play DVD movies directly on a tablet as it doesn't have a DVD-ROM drive. So we have to copy the contents from a DVD to tablet first. Moreover, Android accepts various video formats H.264, MPEG4, WMV, AVI, MOV, 3GP, etc. However, it cannot play DVD .vob directly. So a DVD to Android ripper is badly needed.

However, most commercial DVDs are usually protected against copying. So you will need to use a DVD decryption program if you want to copy the DVDs to your Android Tablet or Smartphone. You can search the related key words on line, and many results would be available. Many of you are familiar with HandBrake, but you must have encountered some common errors like Audio Sync Problem, DVD Reading issue, Conversion speed issue, etc.

Meanwhile, most of the DVD to Android rippers/converters are charged, and you have to figure out whether the one you choose pays off. So to help you perfectly copy any DVDs to Tablet or other devices, I’d like to give you some suggestions.

How to Choose a Good Android DVD Ripper?

The following tips will help you find a good DVD to Android converter:
1. Easy to use: You can easily navigate this software.
2. Decryption: The software must have decryption function.
3. Supported output devices: The software should support all popular devices.
4. Quality: The software should help you copy DVD to tablet without quality loss.
. . . . . .
Source: hivimoore.com/2016/04/move-dvd-to-android-phone-tablet

Tony Edward
  • Forum posts: 7

Mar 21, 2018, 9:35:17 AM via Website

The trouble to me is about how to copy purchased iTunes movies to android phone. We know all iTunes videos are DRM protected, making it impossible to be played on non-Apple devices. If you are eager to play all these videos on Android phone, Windows media player, Samsung smart TV, etc. There is no way for you to re-encode or share it to these devices, even you have paid for it. We know there are many DRM removal software on the Internet that claim to remove DRM protection and convert videos from M4V to MP4 at faster speed with zero loss quality. But I don't know which one is truly helpful. any advice?

Christ Cena
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 18, 2018, 5:33:37 AM via Website

Maybe you can try another tool for playing DVD on sd cards like TuneFab DVD Rapper, which allows you converting your DVD videos to 300+ file formats for playing!

— modified on Apr 18, 2018, 5:34:25 AM

heathergillum

Jul 3, 2018, 8:03:18 AM via Website

This one is great but recently I found a better DVD ripper called VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper which can not only rip DVD but also convert any Blu-ray disc to common formats.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 14

Jul 1, 2020, 6:07:22 AM via Website

great post,I appreciate your post